Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have pics of the rear inner roof 4 dr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have pics of the rear inner roof 4 dr?

I want to install another dome/map light in the rear of my 86 GM sedan. With the dark brown interior it's already really dark back there, and that's before I get the rear door and back glass tinted with 30%! It has the coach roof/small backglass and I'd like to install it in the wide interior molding that makes the glass appear smaller, but without removing the headliner. Does anyone have clear pictures of the rear roof framing without the headliner installed? Thanks as always for your help!
    sigpic'86 GM LS sedan bone stock 113k triple dark sable, most of the bells and whistles, second owner. SOLD 9/10, will be looking for an 89 TC when the time is right

"In order to know virtue, we must first acquaint ourselves with vice" Marquis de Sade

Box towncar c pillar lights would be perfect for this. 85CrownHPP has done it on his '85 Crown Vic. They look really good, like they were always there. I'm doing them too. It's a lot easier than trying to rig a second dome light on the headliner. I'll have pics of them tomorrow if you're interested

Comment

Hey thanks, I saw you guys posts on that, but the pics didn't work. I'll consider it, and thanks for any pics you have. I already have another map dome lamp ass'y, just trying to figure out where to mount it and don't know what's above the headliner..service manual NO help in that regard.
      sigpic'86 GM LS sedan bone stock 113k triple dark sable, most of the bells and whistles, second owner. SOLD 9/10, will be looking for an 89 TC when the time is right

"In order to know virtue, we must first acquaint ourselves with vice" Marquis de Sade

Comment

Originally posted by cadfan64 View Post
        Hey thanks, I saw you guys posts on that, but the pics didn't work. I'll consider it, and thanks for any pics you have. I already have another map dome lamp ass'y, just trying to figure out where to mount it and don't know what's above the headliner..service manual NO help in that regard.
        I have a pic of a tudor with no headliner for you. Probably wont help much as it seems you want to mount the dome light right above the coach window but here it is anyway:

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
        X