How tall is the inside of a insturment panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How tall is the inside of a insturment panel

I m thinking about doing a whole custom thing inside mine and I was just wondering if anyone new the exact height inside our instrument panel
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

you mean like what I am doing? I can easily get some measurements for you, I have the entire thing in pieces atm. Just let me know exactly what you want.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

well here is my idea... I was thinking today it would be sweet to put a black panel in and than cut five holes if it would fit two where you put them than two more next to them and than a center one for a speedo. I was thinking a 3 1/8" speedo and than 2 5/8" other gauges but i guess what i need is length on the inside and than hieght on the iniside( what you see when you sitting in the seat baisicly)
      sigpic
      1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

okay here are some pictures of the clear bezel. This would limit the amount of room you have so this is why I took pictures of them.

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

ok thanx here is what i was think about doing anyways idk if i can do it but once some funds come in and such i ll see if i can work something out lol obviously it wouldnt all be oil gauges but thats what i was looking to do.
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

you can probably fab up a plate that the gauges would sit in.

another option would be to fab up that panel at just attach it to the back side of the bezel that has the wood grain pattern on it.

oh and that would look sick!
            ~David~

Comment

I would go that route, and it would look great, but require lots of wiring. It would be very cool to see done.
              "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

yeah i think i might try this with my old speedo from wagon, wiring i m not too bad at i just have to figure out the specifics and what gauges i want to put in.
                sigpic

Comment

you mean something like this?

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    okay here are some pictures of the clear bezel. This would limit the amount of room you have so this is why I took pictures of them.

Nice slippers.

Also, cool idea 83CS

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

haha they keep my feet nice and toasty.
                      ~David~

Comment

I was kinda thinking along the same lines, But I wasn't really sure how much cutting would be involved with the wooden trim panel and what it would look like.
                        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Working...
                        X