Tripminder Install on an 1983 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripminder Install on an 1983 Grand Marquis

i am going to the junkyard in a couple of weeks and want to see if i could find a tripminder. I need to know what to get in order to make it work. do i need a new dash panel or will it fit with my existing one. Also connections have to be the same for it to work anybody know what years i must take a tripminder out of in order for it to work with my connections. Is there difference in the wirng connections or are they all the same.

Some very informational info would be helpful.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
    i am going to the junkyard in a couple of weeks and want to see if i could find a tripminder. I need to know what to get in order to make it work. do i need a new dash panel or will it fit with my existing one. Also connections have to be the same for it to work anybody know what years i must take a tripminder out of in order for it to work with my connections. Is there difference in the wirng connections or are they all the same.

Some very informational info would be helpful.
    You'd want to get the fuel flow wire from your ecm. not sure which color that is on cfi cars. If you have cruise control, the connection should be there for it. just run the fuel flow wire into that harness. There's something about a ground wire. But I'm not sure if that applies to the older models with CFI. You can use your original dash panel. Should plug into your clock harness too. There's a dimmer wire hidden behind the instrument cluster. You will need that too.

Comment

ok. pics would help so i know which wires.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Maybe this helps you out?

This is an Archive of info for vacuum, electrical, HVAC and CFI specific info - *read only*
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Found some info on thw tripminder and how to install it.

check this out

Comment

That pretty much covered it and how to make the buttons work.

Comment

Working...
            X