Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking To change my Interior To Leather.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking To change my Interior To Leather.

I really have a thing for leather seats. My GM got the velour red interior in it. It is in perfect condition and i want to switch it for a good looking red leather interior someday. I need to know what Panther Leather seats would fit in an 1983 GM and there year range. What i ultimately want to put in there are 1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Red Plush Leather Seats in it. Would that be possible.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

79-89 ford lincoln mercury cars. you can swap the frames from a 4door to the frames from your seats so you can keep the folding feature. i have 1992 towncar seats in my mark VI but had to mod em to work. personaly, id never give up the plush seats for uncomfortable leather/pleather ones.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

but looking at GrandMarquisLSS 1980 Lincoln Continental seats made me think of how comfortable they must be.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

the leather seats in my bros 88 town car are comfortable but, the plush seats are more comfortable

Comment

towncar seats work fine. Need to modify 4 door seats so they tilt forward, but thats about it.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

never going to find decent leather mang

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

and if you do it wont stay that way. I love my plush, its more comfortable than the 98 TC we have, plus I don't stick to it when I wear shorts and park in the sun.
              But it is your choice in the end.
              "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I love the plush seating it is very comfortable to. I will keep it for now but if i see red leather interior from a continental Mark Vi im taking it.

Comment

the grandmarquis had optional pleather too. its hard to maintain and not summetime friendly

Comment

I have pleather in my car. It is all torn up on the seats lol
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Grand Marquis leather seats are like the really cheap base model Towncar seats. Not nearly as nice as the plush velour methinks. The only "good" leather seats are the Towncar Signature, Mark VI Signature and Bill Blass, or Towncar Cartier seats. The base model ones pretty much suck. Not a big fan of leather to tell you the truth, but if you're going to change seats, may as well get the good ones ya know?
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
                        I love the plush seating it is very comfortable to. I will keep it for now but if i see red leather interior from a continental Mark Vi im taking it.
                        its nearly impossbile to find good condition 1980 Mark VI signature series leather seats....since its too rare out there.
                        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                        1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

You could buy the interior, junky interior, and have it re lathered, but for that matter you could take your seats to a good upholstery shop and get them covered in leather.
                          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Working...
                          X