Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89-90 CV Interior Differences

Hi everybody,

I have come across a 1989 Crown Vic in the local wreckers with a MINT Red Interior and I would like to swap out my Grey interior for it. My question is... will everything Excluding the dash swap into my 90 CV without any problems? I noticed the door panels are a little different.

Any help would be appreciated,

Anthony
    Last edited by 90_Panther; 02-28-2010, 11:48 PM.

I recall someone saying that the floor-pans changed slightly for 90-91 models. That being said, you can easily mod the seat tracks to make the older seats fit. Just need to drill a few mounting holes.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Every thing should fit, But the dash would be a bit of work to swap in. You would have to modify some of the wireing I believe. Also im pretty sure that the speedo in a '90 is electric. So you would have to get the speedo cable to use the 89 speedo.

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
      351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
      duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

Yup the dash is different and the speedo is all electric, Im not sure it would be worth it to change the wiring for the speedo and such unless you were in dire need of it, because I know the 90s has 2 plugs that run it and the 89 down probably has 1 and a speedo cable? so the wiring may need to be changed in addition to adding a speedo cable. Im not sure if the floor pan changed or not. I do remember it being mentioned that it did between 89-90 but I am not sure about the vics. Maybe someone will know how the old speedo setup was. Also the A pillar trim is different because of the different dash, and I think the speaker housings in the front door are flush mount instead of angled toward the listener.
        "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Don't waste the effort- wait until you find a '90 and do it all with direct swap parts. The dash, pedal assemblies, and seat mounting won't swap without some ghetto fab. Plus, the '90 has a much better dash design.
          2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
          1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
          1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Floor pans are different, seat mounting is different, dash is totally different, doors have flush mount speakers on the older one. Fuse panel is different, pedals mount differently, steering column is different, multifunction and wiper switches are different, steering wheel is bigger and has an airbag, tilt is in a different place in the column. The list goes on and on. Carpet probably won't fit because of the different floor pan. Frankly, the 90+ interior is much better.
            Originally posted by gadget73
            There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
            91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
            93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
            Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
            Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
            95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Working...
            X