New Hood Liner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Hood Liner?

Im going to stop at the Ford garage after school and see if one can be gotten, however its porbably going to cost me some $$. Anyone know if I can get one made cheaper, or if there are aftermarket kits to make your own or something?
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

I used to see them on ebay. I know I heard Donald purchasing one. I will have to investigate.

EDIT: check this out: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...highlight=hood
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

So Ford says that they cant get the 19yr old hood liner, (surprise, surprise) anyway would a kit like this work?

Click here for super exciting hood liner kit details!
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Those clips attach the hood liner strangely, I've always broke them whenever I had to get the clips off. I'm sure you can buy those at a automotive paint supplies store.

Comment

I think I actually managed to save about half of mine when I took my hoodliner off.
          Former panther owner
          1981 CV 351 4bbl
          1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

This is going to take some looking into, Im sure you can get the clips. Anyhow my car goes for an alignment tomorrow, which is insanely expensive in my opinion at $50.00 and that is the lowest price in town with a coupon. Ill wait till next check before I buy the dynamat.
            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Ahh crap I just noticed that they are not sold on ebay anymore...Sucks because I was planning on purchasing one.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Here you go man: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-1...Q5fAccessories

1988-91 Crown Victoria hoods are 1979-91 Grand Marquis hoods
                ~David~

Comment

Someone posted a link in this forum a while back to a guy that makes them specific to the car and will make them with emblems or logos on them.

Comment

If you don't really care what it looks like you should be able to pick something up at the local parts store. I remember back in high school we went to a local parts store and picked up some cheap generic matting that was to replace the under hood insulation and replaced the insulation on my brother's Camero. Maybe we used the original clips, or maybe just some short sheet metal screws with fender washers.
                    '85 Mercury Grand Marquis
                    only MSD multi-spark so far but hopefully a 351 on the way.

Comment

Working...
                    X