Tint brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tint brands

I am going to tint my windows soon and was wondering if anyone could recommend some decent brands? As i have no clue about the quality of tint brands.... haha
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

I have used Gila on my car and my dads Mustang. Both cars came out great and I found nothing wrong with the product.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

i got gila on the lincoln and its decent. the wagon and GMGTs glass has lumar tint on it

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

When you do window tint, do you just buy a big roll of the stuff or do you go with those pre-cut kits sold on ebay? I'd really like my back windows darker but not enough to justify a couple hundred bucks

http://cgi.ebay.ca/FORD-CROWN-VICTOR...#ht_3813wt_802

30 bucks plus whatever shipping is way reasonable, unless it's gonna fall off in a week.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

You also have to be experienced and extremely patient to install window tint. Not everybody can do it. I wasted many rolls attempting to do it myself till I am comfortable and actually decent at doing it. It aint easy one bit but it can be done. I had to have the back window professionally done because there was no way I would get that right.

If you go for the pre cut stuff have a professional install it. They will not guarantee the work though because it is not their product.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

how much did the back window cost you?
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

I had the back window done for $60 with a warranty on it. They did a decent job and it looks pretty nice with the ford emblem underneath it:

~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                You also have to be experienced and extremely patient to install window tint. Not everybody can do it. I wasted many rolls attempting to do it myself till I am comfortable and actually decent at doing it. It aint easy one bit but it can be done. I had to have the back window professionally done because there was no way I would get that right.

If you go for the pre cut stuff have a professional install it. They will not guarantee the work though because it is not their product.
                noted! thanks. i will likely leave it alone unless the prices on pro installs are low (un fucking likely)
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

keep checking around. some places offer deals during slow times (whole cars done for $90). Most places around here (Dallas area in Texas) seem to average around $100 for your run of the mill tints. If you want uv and infrared blocking that'll add some for the parts column but the labor is the same.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                    keep checking around. some places offer deals during slow times (whole cars done for $90). Most places around here (Dallas area in Texas) seem to average around $100 for your run of the mill tints. If you want uv and infrared blocking that'll add some for the parts column but the labor is the same.
                    Thats not bad at all, I'd be willing to dish out 100 for a half decent tint.
                    -Phil

sigpic

Comment

I paid $50 to have my truck done. I may have them redone, because I'd like them darker.
                      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

since front side and windshield tint is illegal here the price might be a bit lower on just the back 3...been trying to call around for a quote but most places are closed for the day
                        sigpic

Comment

guy quoted me between 80 and 100 for the back 5 windows if i buy the tint myself. this is way cheaper than any shop i've asked sofar
                          sigpic

Comment

Theres a guy locally who does supposidly 'legendary' jobs for $200 a run. I got it done and I feel its worth it. If your going to do a tint job, dont do a shitty one or it will bubble and purple and look terrible. I run 5% limo black on my back windows, static tint on the fronts soon.
                            79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Working...
                            X