Steering wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering wheels

So I've had this Grant wheel hangin around here for 5 months now, and well I want to put it on. I dont feel like messing with it myself so i was looking for a shop to do it, but no takers. Anyone know of any car shops that will pull and press steering wheels? Scott?

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
    So I've had this Grant wheel hangin around here for 5 months now, and well I want to put it on. I dont feel like messing with it myself so i was looking for a shop to do it, but no takers. Anyone know of any car shops that will pull and press steering wheels? Scott?
    You can rent the puller kit for free at most big auto parts places. It takes like 2 minutes to swap a wheel out. The nut in the middle 'presses' it back on. The bigger issue will be what to do with your curise control wiring.
    sigpic
    1988 Grand Marquis LS (White Lightning), 2003 Mercury Marauder (SOLD),1979 Mercury Cougar XR-7
    http://landyachts.homestead.com/page5.html,1951 Merc on a '88 Lincoln Town Car Chassis:http://landyachts.homestead.com/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by mercman1951 View Post
      You can rent the puller kit for free at most big auto parts places. It takes like 2 minutes to swap a wheel out. The nut in the middle 'presses' it back on. The bigger issue will be what to do with your curise control wiring.
      I hope its as easy as you say, I'm trying to keep things as perfect as I can cause this car is in realllly nice condition, which is why i want an expert to do it. As far as the cruise goes, If I do it myself I'll probably tape them up and hide them for the time being cause my cruise controle sucks anyway, another reason I want a pro to do it. I'm about to see whats up with Scott.

Comment

returned your pm......you will need the install kit for the mk6......if you had the kit for the 87 vic, they are different

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
        X