Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'90/'91 LTC/MGM interiors interchangeable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'90/'91 LTC/MGM interiors interchangeable?

Could a '90/'91 LTC fit the complete dash from a '90/'91 Grand Marquis without major modification? Anyone know if it is a direct bolt in? Would use all of the LTC's electronics and controls. Overall goal would be to have the GM style dash in the LTC.

The only one I can speak to is 90-91 CV to GM dash swap which was a direct bolt in.

I don't know if the LTC used a tripminder but there's absolutely no way to use it with a 90-91 GM dash. I don't think the biggest issue would be swapping the instrument cluster over (the ones I've seen in Aero town cars looks the same as the Vic/GM ones I have.) but fitting the trim etc...if I can find a LTC from that era I'll compare it to the spare 90-91 trim I have for my car.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

My '91 Service Manual has me thinking it won't work, but I'm hoping someone has tried this and has actual proof either way.

Differences shown in the SM are as follows:
      -Bolts on top of the dash, below the windshield ... LTC has 5, GM has 3. I'm wondering if the three GM holes would line up with 3 of the 5 LTC holes.
      -Supports underneath the dash (centered) ... LTC has 2, GM has 1. However, the single support on the GM appears to be the same as one of the supports on the LTC.

Other than that, I haven't spotted any other major issues.

Btw, I'd want to run the GM gauge cluster/speedometer. I had overlooked that in my first post.
      Last edited by monterey1962; 11-08-2010, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X