will a 96 interior swap into a 99??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will a 96 interior swap into a 99??

Hey all, I've got a 99 police crown vic with that retarted plastic rear seat. I want to be able to haul my family in the thing should the minivan break down.

to that extent, I have a friend with a mint very low mile but wrecked 1996 p71 cop car...I want to take both the front seats (split bench I think) and the rear seats along with possibly the seat belts and swap it into my 99. Is this do able? is it plug and play or should I look for later stuff?
    -1999 P71 Crown vic X LAPD..
    -1966 mustang, 5.0 roller crate motor, t5 etc
    -1972 maverick 5.0 roller crate motor with EFI and a Lentech AOD

The aero vics have different interiors from where the back doors start back. An aero GMQ would be almost a direct swap with just details to iron out but not an aero vic to whale vic.

BTW aero=1992-1997

Whale=1998-present just in case you didn't know.

Comment

it should all fit same interior
      I've seen some old p71 with lincoln seats lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I am sorry I thought you wanted to swap the entire interior. That won't work but the seats and seat belts might but I stress might.

Comment

thanks guys...just the front and rear seats are what I want, nothing else, I feel horrible putting my 6 year old daughter in the same rear plastic seat as some of LA's worst offenders..lol

Comment

the front seats should be no issue. The rear seat (depending on which plastic one you have) may be an issue. If it's the vinyl one that pops up from the floor, then it should be a direct swap... at least it would be from a box to an aero (my 93 can swap back and forth with my 88 and my 82 Mark). Just re-use the bolts as that might be different.

if it's that retarded hard plastic with the arm divits... getting that out first would tell you if the other stuff will go in. There should be 3 hooks up top for the bars on the rear seat back to slide over and then 2 brackets on the bottom that bolt down to the car. Then the seat itself just shoves into place getting the rods on the bottom of the seat into the hooks on the floor. The only other design I've seen for a back seat involved brackets that bolted down just below the seat, but that wasn't on a panther.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by v8only View Post
              thanks guys...just the front and rear seats are what I want, nothing else, I feel horrible putting my 6 year old daughter in the same rear plastic seat as some of LA's worst offenders..lol
              :lol:

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

you're laughing at me...I've got my friend and father coming over and the wife is out with the other kids....I may have to throw my daughter and dad or friend into the back seat tonight, lol.

The seats in question are absolutely cherry vinyl seats from a 96. Based on what you guys say I do believe it should swap...sounds like they really didn't change too much around over the years.

I'll post up pics when I get it done...I've just got to drive 1.5 hours out of county to get get the seats.

Comment

we need some before pics, too. good luck mang.
                  1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                  1994 MGM GS Montigua
                  2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                  2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

he scrapped the 96...I'm bummed..He got $200 for the entire thing from the junkyard and I was gonna give him $150 alone for just the seats. Oh well..guess it's off to the salvage yards this friday to see what I can find.

Comment

I drove out to the desert last night and looked at a rolled over 09 p71....I took the back black seat out of it and the passenger black seat too...I think combined with my black rubber floor and blue interior, it'll loook just fine. I'll post pics after I get it installed. I put the 09 front seat in already. The dr front seat though was tore up bad from the airbag explosion.

anyone Know what year the black interior was first offered? I need to find another front seat to finish my set

Comment

Working...
                      X