Dead Pedal Installed in '99 MGM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Pedal Installed in '99 MGM

Here are some pics of the dead pedal designed and sold by BigCars4Ever on mercurymarauder.net that I installed in my '99 MGM. It fits under an existing bracket and does not require any alteration of the kick panel. I did choose to make a short slit in the top of the carpeting.

Original "dead pedal" lump under carpet - this had to be removed.

New vs old.

Another view of new pedal.

Bracket needed slight alteration.

It mounts under the white bracket.

I added some 3M stair tread material.
    Last edited by nutz4mgm; 01-21-2011, 09:36 PM.
    1999 MGM LS - 54k - Toreador Red - Ultimate Pkg - RAS - KYB PI spec shocks - Addco bars - dual exhaust added - MT(no Z) - BOC 87 octane tune.

Nicce!!! great mod. Are you tearing up the twisties now?

Comment

Neat. I see I was not the only one thinking about this.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

hmm.. very interesting. I was wondering why it felt like my winter car couldn't corner nearly as hard as the crown vic, and then I realized it's just because there's somewhere to brace your foot instead of having to hold onto the steering column to keep your shoulder off the door panel in a right hand turn (ie. most onramps)

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Working...
        X