Metro NYC Box owners!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metro NYC Box owners!

If you are looking for good interior work, seats top etc............here is a good name.............Phoenix Auto Interiors...........located in Franklin Square Long Island...........just off the Southern State Parkway. They do it all, even custom Harley seats and movie cars.

+1
    I had them recover a motorcycle seat a few years ago. Nice guys, nice work, fair price.

Comment

The two front seats in my tudor GM were shot.......both the leather, foam, and steel support......$1200.00 later they are like new!...........rear seat was never sat on!..........and looks like it!
      Originally posted by MoeSyzlak View Post
      +1
      I had them recover a motorcycle seat a few years ago. Nice guys, nice work, fair price.

Comment

Do they also do vinyl tops? Mine is shot. I'm out in Suffolk county but the quotes I've gotten have been by far in the ridiculous price range... (I think AutoMat in Hicksville wanted close to 2 grand...)

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Slack,
          I will say this as to costs for a top.......I will have my top changed on the 86 GM Tudor....total price $800.00, if you were quoted 2K....I have to say they attempted to rip you a new one!
          Originally posted by slack View Post
          Do they also do vinyl tops? Mine is shot. I'm out in Suffolk county but the quotes I've gotten have been by far in the ridiculous price range... (I think AutoMat in Hicksville wanted close to 2 grand...)

Comment

2 grand is far too much. I was quoted $1000 to replace the full carriage roof on my car, and those are typically more labor-intensive than vinyl tops. Is yours a full vinyl roof or half? For the half roofs, I heard that re-doing the metal band around the b-pillar costs several hundred dollars alone.

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
            2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
            2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Completely agree. I was floored when I was quoted that. I figured I was possibly better off trying to do a slick top conversion instead.

The car has a half vinyl top. I gave the guys a call and they do replace Vinyl top. I have to send them some pics of my top before they'll give a rough estimate. I'll report back with what they quote.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Looks like it's about $650 for all said and done. He said it would take a few days to get the vinyl and then a day to install it.

Comment

I'd like to see how this turns out. Post pics when you're done!!

Comment

The leather seats in mine are really good, I want to get some of the natural grain creases looked at. They still there in Franklin Square?

About 10+ years ago, I used Blue Coral Saddle conditioner (tan colored aromatic) which sold for $9 a bottle. Then Blue Coral stopped making the consumer product. I found a distributor who sold me a gallon of the "pro" blue stuff and that lasted a while. That was the best stuff for the leather.
                    sigpic
                    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
                    302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
                    COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Comment

Working...
                    X