Door pockets on a tudor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door pockets on a tudor

Was there such a thing as storage pockets on tudor doors? I remember my 89' had them but that was a sedan.

I have them on my '86 GM Tudor.
    Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
    Was there such a thing as storage pockets on tudor doors? I remember my 89' had them but that was a sedan.

Comment

It was only an 88-89 thing.

I spent forever looking for a beige set from an 88-89 to see if I would like them on the tudor. I finally settled on picking up a gray set to see if I like them on the car and then pick up a beige set if I ever came across one. I ended up not feeling it so they are just sitting around till the idea crosses my mind again and I look into it further. lol.

Pics of the ones on your 86?
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I installed some Door pocket panels on my 87 CP from a beige interior 89 GM. It almost works, except for the missing bolt hole in the door frame for one of the screws. So it is just resting there.
        -Nick M.
        Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
        03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Wouldn't the 4 door pockets be smaller than the tudor? Then I guess it kinda makes sense to only have them in the front where the driver has access.

Comment

As number one son of Charlie Chan would say, 'so sorry'.......I was thinking of the pockets on the back of each of the front two bucket seats:-(......a thousand pardons.
            Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            It was only an 88-89 thing.

I spent forever looking for a beige set from an 88-89 to see if I would like them on the tudor. I finally settled on picking up a gray set to see if I like them on the car and then pick up a beige set if I ever came across one. I ended up not feeling it so they are just sitting around till the idea crosses my mind again and I look into it further. lol.

Pics of the ones on your 86?

Comment

Maybe look into how much an upholstery guy would want for this? When I worked at a shop with a custom upholstery guy he did that sort of thing all the time for surprisingly little, and then you get nice new leather and whatever size you want.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I am referring to a plastic pocket that screwed into the bottom of the door panels. I am having trouble finding pics of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                  I am referring to a plastic pocket that screwed into the bottom of the door panels. I am having trouble finding pics of it.
                  I know the part you mean. I'm just assuming you want them and pointing out that having them made may be easier/cheaper than finding a tudor that came with them to steal them from.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Here's the ones from my car with the speakers cut in behind them. If you want better pics, I can get them.

granted... it's not a tudor, but I don't see why it couldn't be mounted to a tudor.
                    Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yea those are the ones I was referring to.

Comment

I've never seen them on a Tudor. I do have a pair of grey ones if you're interested, Serge.
                        RyPow
                        1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
                        1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
                        1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
                        2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
                        1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
                        2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
                        2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

They were only an 88 to 89 thing. They were never mounted on any tudor from the factory. You will never find one for a tudor because none was ever made and installed on one.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                          X