Clear All

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
    McIntosh spoken here........tubes tubes , and yes more tubes
    Can't beat that tube sound fuzz & buzz.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
      Like HiFiMerc said that's for the door light. My '85 LTD had the luxury interior option but didn't have the lights for some reason and I decided to add them. The harnesses are there but found out that they're not hot. The driver's side might be but I had to take the kick panel off of the passenger side to find the connector, which was just hanging there (brown & rectangular) and ran a wire from the loose connector to the floor light. Worked just fine. Also, your car has the power window switches on the door down low like that because it doesn't have the luxury interior option.

You didn't have that because only grand marquis came with the lights under the armrest.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Mine didn't even have that wire in there for the arm rest light
        sigpic1986 crown victoria ltd 5.0
        Mods- True duals with just cats, msd cap/rotor/coil, ford racing 9mm wires,
        CAI, 180 t-stat, poly sway bar bushings/endlinks, HD shocks, cooper cobra 235/60r15, fresh paint

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          You didn't have that because only grand marquis came with the lights under the armrest.
          Hmm, was that for certain years only? I thought only GMs got them too, so originally I just swapped the woodgrain pieces over for looks but got annoyed by the lights not working. The GM donor had a similar harness for the door lights but without the connector so I cut back as much wire as possible for future use. I went to the yards a lot last year and I eventually stumbled across a fully loaded 86 or 87 (could've been 88- 91, don't remember anymore) LTD that had them, thus giving me inspiration to do the swap on mine. So for S&G's I took the door panels off the LTD and then I saw it had those connectors. I then got really happy, took them and then did the swap on mine only to find the passenger side (IIRC) isn't hot & has no place to go from the factory, but is there..

Nice two door by the way, I'd love to have one of those

Comment

Yeah I believe it was a certain years thing. 88 and up.

Thanks. If you have a few days you should check out the build thread on the car. Always in progress.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Well before this snow came i was trying to fish speaker wire thru the doors grommet and failed then rage quit...so whats the best way to feed wire to the door or into the car
              CAI, 180 t-stat, poly sway bar bushings/endlinks, HD shocks, cooper cobra 235/60r15, fresh paint

Comment

I poked an unbent hanger through the big rubber hose between the door and body and fished the wires from the car to the door that way. Much easier since you can actually see the hole in the door.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Yeah I believe it was a certain years thing. 88 and up.

Thanks. If you have a few days you should check out the build thread on the car. Always in progress.
                  Oh, I did. Thing is minty, is that the factory paint job? Wish my engine looked like yours, thing is clean as can be. I love my Town Car but would trade it for a nice 86-87 two door LTD if the chance ever came up, especially if it was black with red interior...

Originally posted by rob86vic View Post
                  Well before this snow came i was trying to fish speaker wire thru the doors grommet and failed then rage quit...so whats the best way to feed wire to the door or into the car
                  Oh man, that was me with the driver's side... Such a pain in the ass that was. Took me a long time but I just ended up fishing with my left hand and moving the rubber tube around with my hand to free up room for the wire to move around in. I think I removed it from the door and crammed it against the body. Somebody might say you could run the wire through a thicker rubber or plastic jacket to make things more ridgid and then once the wire is through the other side you remove the jacket. That didn't work so well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                    Oh, I did. Thing is minty, is that the factory paint job? Wish my engine looked like yours, thing is clean as can be. I love my Town Car but would trade it for a nice 86-87 two door LTD if the chance ever came up, especially if it was black with red interior...

The new paint job is covered in the build thread. BMW A88 Hot Chocolate Metallic paint.
                    ~David~

Comment

Yeah i was trying to get the wire thru for like 2 hours and then deemed it impossible lol....when this snow melts i gotta give it another shot.
                      sly's hanger trick could be helpful

Comment

just be careful to not poke a hole through the rubber.
                        ~David~

Comment

yeah i'd be pretty pissed off if that was to happen

Comment

Have ultra black on hand just in case.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Sly's method will work, just put a very tiny loop at the end of the hanger to prevent stabbing through. When I did my 04, the drivers side was a bitch, the passenger side took 30 seconds.
                              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                              Past Panthers
                              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

haha yeah good call on the ultra black, i'll see what i can do when this dang snow starts to melt.

Comment

Working...
                                X