1998 MGM GS Headliner Adhesive Suggestions Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Hacksaw View Post
    Here is a link to the Permatex HD Headliner and Carpet Adhesive. They do have this here at my local auto parts store ( a national chain ). I did press this small section in the far rear upward today just to study it's adhesion dynamics using just the old glue at the fabric and I was able to determine that this fabric is indeed very thin. Is there some way I might be able to apply this using an applicator of some sort? This spray would be way too much power for 'repair' purposes. I wonder if I could say spray some into a glass jar and "then" use a small flat foam paint brush to apply it to the foam to 'seal' it and then return and maybe use a second coat to really secure it? While this sounds complicated ( it is ) there is always as way if you think about it long enough. I just do not want to saturate this fabric or have this glue drip in any way.

_Hacksaw(tm)

__________________________________________________ ____________
    “Never fight with a pig…..you will both roll around in the mud and…..
    …the pig loves it!”

Fellows: I will pick up some of this tomorrow in a spray can and buy some foam paint brushes at OSH Hardware that may have to be modified in order to apply it back there in a repair process like this. My personal confidence is high at this time. While I am "new" to the list I am a bit bewildered by all of the supposed updates to this thread arriving in my inbox that have no such updates to this thread. Does anyone else experience this?

Again, my deepest thanks to all of you as with each comment or post, there is another piece of the truth to work with in such matters!

Sincerely;

_Hacksaw(tm)

Comment

Working...
    X