Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1994 Dome/Overhead Light Bulbs! What Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1994 Dome/Overhead Light Bulbs! What Size?

Does anyone know what specific type/size of bulb fits the overhead lights in a 1994 Town Car? The bulb looks like the one in the picture below and fits the type of fixture pictured below, but without any numbers on the bulb itself I can't find a replacement. All the online info I can find for the year and model says it should be a 912 bulb which is a completely different style entirely. A 912 is a traditional shaped bulb where what I have is a cylinder fuse-shape. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	bulb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	1303023Click image for larger version

Name:	Lights.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1303024
    1994 Lincoln Town Car

Is it a "211-2"? Did a "quick" lookup and it appears to be correct but please verify.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

There's no marking on the bulb itself at all. Where/how did you find the "211-2" info?
      1994 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Try this and see if it is the one you are looking for: http://www.bulbs.com/product/211-2B2...FQeRaQodKLcAAA

I found it in the Owner's Manual I have for my 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

If it's in the 95 GM then I'd bet it's the same in my Town Car, too. Makes sense.

Seems there are a lot of LEDs online that replace the original 211-2 bulbs... I guess they just swap in without any modification?
          1994 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Originally posted by AC75 View Post
            If it's in the 95 GM then I'd bet it's the same in my Town Car, too. Makes sense.

Seems there are a lot of LEDs online that replace the original 211-2 bulbs... I guess they just swap in without any modification?
            I'd put a regular replacement in but that's just me....

Comment

Yes, the LED version will swap in without modification.

The 211-2 bulb looks like it is correct, but to be sure you can always take the old bulb into a parts store and compare to what they have on the shelf.
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'll try get an original type replacement first. I'm not really all that into LED light anyway.
                1994 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X