1995 MGM drivers SRS taking off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1995 MGM drivers SRS taking off

Could anybody explain me how to take off drivers srs?? At the back of the wheel I noticed 4 screws, but without any nuts on them. So, where should I start?
    I've got a problem with Air Bag control light on a digidash, I wanted to take a look on condition of connectros at the back of SRS. Anybody has any advices?

1995 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4.6 V8
    1998 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4.6 V8

how many times is the light flashing? that will help narrow down the issue. Should be a 2 digit code. one set of flashes then a pause and another set of flashes.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

When I turn ignition on, SRS light flashing, after engine start the light is gone. Honestly I don't remember set of those flashing and pauses. But the problem is, that during riding, light starts to flash again, and keeps on that. Sometimes when I turn driving wheel, light stops flashing. My guess is that can be a problem with connection.
      And I just thought that this can be a typical problem of panthers, and maybe somebody will be able to help me with "gold advice"

Comment

yeah... sounds like you need to take the setup apart and clean or replace the clock spring. There should be nuts on those bolts you can see on the back of the wheel... but they should be rather up in there. If I remember correctly, they are 8mm or 10mm nuts.disconnect the batter and tap the brakes to make sure the SRS system is discharged before starting to take anything apart. You might need a steering wheel puller tool as well to get the wheel off and get to the clock spring.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

here's the info I have for a 1994...
          Steering Wheel Removal

Comment

Does your horn work? If not, your clock spring needs attention.

ALex.

Comment

I did photo of those bolts

honestly, I don't see there nut... Do you mean they can be deeper?
              Is this tool necessary to take off the wheel? Clock spring is behind wheel or behind digidash?

Horn works correct.

Comment

You can see the nuts in the picture. You will need a deep socket to get at them. As for exactly where the clock spring is, it is on the steering wheel. It is a set of circular contacts that contacts slide on to maintain connection when moving the steering wheel.

Comment

Working...
                X