lower dash rattle/buzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lower dash rattle/buzz

Hey folks I have a lower dash rattle buzz im trying to track down..... it happens on both sides and only at a certain rpm while driving, basically resonating and being annoying lol. But its not the plastic guard that is attached to the bottom of the dash and may be internal for all i know. I just cant find it with my meathooks and dont wanna pull the dash yet. So just seeing if anyone has had the same or like problem and had any ideas.
    1990 Crown Vic - Lowered, E303 cammed, Short tube headers, H-pipe and Thursh welded mufflers dumped....MANY UPDATES COMING
    1999 Expedition EB mildy lifted on 33" Toyo's
    2012 4Runner Trail, 33" Duratracs, KDSS,lifted and louder.

make sure nothing is sitting in the ash tray first of all, and that it's fully seated. Also check the front door pockets if equipped and the glove box. After all of that... there's a LOT of stuff under the dash that could cause this and almost all of it would be due to a screw loose. Basically you just want to check that all the screws you can get to are snugged. There's way too many things to consider once you start removing panels. It could also be resonating from the firewall. Check the inner fenders where they meet up with the firewall to make sure there's not any debris stuck in there or on the cowl under the hood. Leftover tools, large acorns, nuts, bolts, etc left on the cowl accidentally can cause this. If the sound is tinny, you know it's thin metal involved. If the sound has a more solid metallic buzz, you'll be looking at thicker stuff. If the sound is more of a flat buzz, some module or harness may have come free from where it was tied up. Definitely one of those things where you're gonna have to get your meat hooks in and dig some.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

yeah its not in the ash tray and most def something that is in the lower part of the dashboard...i just dont exactly fit under there to well to find it lol
      1990 Crown Vic - Lowered, E303 cammed, Short tube headers, H-pipe and Thursh welded mufflers dumped....MANY UPDATES COMING
      1999 Expedition EB mildy lifted on 33" Toyo's
      2012 4Runner Trail, 33" Duratracs, KDSS,lifted and louder.

Comment

Working...
      X