No announcement yet.

What is this obsession...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the super plush shit on my car. Like my capri is a base model. It fits the car. Mean and nasty. My box is plush and pimp.
    1989 Grand Marquis LS
    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan D
      Hm, my babe is some kind of a bastard child then, cause she came with the turbines, and the seats do have the adjustable headrests (I love those). She was born in March 1987, so not even a true '88 - go figure.
      I think the 88 models came out in like April or something. 87 production year was *really* short. Not many 87's around. If they're the adjustable headrest seats without the pillow tops, it still may be base model. I know the 89 seats were like that. Pillow top seats were the Signature ones. Turbines could be had on any car. Its probably a base model with upgrade wheels. My car is super base, full vinyl top and all, but I have a tow package, so I get dual exhaust, the air compressor for the shocks, bigger rear brakes, a 3.55 K code rear, and an electric brake controller. The electric brakes have been gutted tho, unfortunately. I have the hubcaps laying around still, since mine came with wire spoke locking hubcaps over steelies. I think they are the "premium" wheel covers, vs the shitty looking plastic cover. The flat plastic ones don't rattle tho. The wire spoke Townie caps squeak and rattle like a bitch.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

as many options as i can get is what i like.
        i made the camaros windows roll up by themselves when the alarm is armed.
        my towncar will soon too.

love that the headlights are on off bright dim by themselves.

cant wait to drive the cartier with digi dash so i dont have to do gas math anymore
        i love power everything, i love adding options like plush rug and limo tables. the more shit the better.

Comment

Originally posted by 87mefull
          Did they make a base model coupe? I never seen one but I would love to have one if they did.
          Yes they did. The later years they are kind of hard to tell they're a base model. Grand Marquis' you can hardly tell, my 2door is a base model...but it's got cruise and all that power stuff. No ATC tho
          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Were there ever any slick top GM's or TC's from the factory?
            Nick
            88 Colony Park LS
            G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Yes. '81 or '82 was the last year for vinyl-topless Marquis'.
              '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Working...
              X