No announcement yet.

new seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what part of the country do you live in?

Comment

Seats are in! I sorta feel every bump on the road now, but the springs have lots to do with that too, and I actually kinda like it - no more luxobarge floating over bumps and sliding left and right when cornering. Here are the pics:
      Last edited by Guest; 02-05-2010, 04:56 AM.

Comment

looks good!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Looks like they're in the "prepare for lift off" position. I don't think I'd find that a comfortable driving position.
          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Now that your butt is secure hqw about the battery
            Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

BoxMan, yes, the seats are way too tilted back, but that's due to the 2x2" square steel pipes I have under the front supports of the power sliders - I placed them there because of the stock seats, now for these I will remove them, but I have to first find some short 10mm fine thread bolts as I apparently have lost the original ones somewhere. Will take care of it today, hopefully.

Dave, I didn't have a chance to work on a clamp for the battery this weekend, maybe next one. It's not really that urgent as that cell is completely gone by now, but the others are still just fine when it comes to strating the car.

Comment

im lookin for new seats to put in my mark Vi the old seats are pretty warn and one has a hole thats about 3 inches round in it any ideas on what bucket seats should fit in it?

Comment

Pretty much any, if you got the skills to make them work.
                  '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                  '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

IceRocky, I wouldn't really recommend bucket seats in your car - the stock ones are extremely comfortable for the most part, I switched mine to buckest only cause of my spirited driving habbits where the stocks seats wouldn't hold me in place too well. If you insist on bucket seats try to find something very comfy, preferably out of a wrecked luxury car like a Cadillac. Of the Ford cars the Mark VII seats are buckets and they may fit, I'll measure some next time I go to the junkyard. Other than that BoxmMan is right, pretty much anything can fir after some fabrication - I have Neon SXT seats, Duce from FL has Eclipse one in his aero Crown Vic, and I don't know what Nitroracer is gonna install in his but they are something different too.
                    Last edited by Guest; 07-08-2006, 08:25 AM.

Comment

get rid of that 8ball on the wheel! Seats look nice though!

I need some buckets up front as well.

Comment

The seats in my mom's 02 Grand Caravan are nice. Lots of support, but they're pretty hard, but that's not a big deal. I'd rather have support than a soft seat and no support.
                        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                          get rid of that 8ball on the wheel!
                          Oh, hell no! That thing is a lifesaver in parking lots like ours here where everyone drives full spead ahead without looking around and spinning the wheel as fas as possible is the only way to avoid an accident. It is also mounted low enough to not get in my way during regular driving, and is way off the position where I can crack my skull on it in case of an accident. There's another trick to it too - these things come with a rubber collar you're supposed to put around the steering wheel, well I never used that POS - the teeth of the massive cast clamp bite directly in the wheel, sure they trash it under the clamp but the spinner is never gonna slip or move like that. The 8-ball stays, period!

Seats look nice though!
                          Thanks! I removed the 2x2 bars I had under the front of the sliders, now they're even more comfortable, not as much as the old lazyboy chairs, but still pretty close. Love the fact I can use the headrests too without leaning all the way back, unlike so many other cars now.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                            get rid of that 8ball on the wheel!
                            I'm not a fan of it either. But it's your car, do whatever you want with it.
                            Last edited by 88Vic; 07-08-2006, 09:37 PM.
                            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic
                              I'm not a fan of it either. But it's your car, do whatever you want with it.
                              Told'ya already, the 8-ball is not there for looks, it's purely conveniece thing - only reason it's an 8-ball is a sphere fits my hand best and the only shpere they had was the 8-ball.

Comment

It's a (no offense) an old geezer thing though. Having one is just soooo foopar!

Comment

Working...
                                X