No announcement yet.

panther t tops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate t tops. They ruin the look of a clean continuous roofline. Once upon a time I was thinking of buying a local '87 Buick Regal T (the deep burgundy color). Beautiful car up and down, and the price was excellent ($9000 for a 50K mile car). The t tops were my hang up, and ultimately my reason for not buying it.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on T tops. Not that they should sway anyone's opinion. To me they are a 70s-80s redneck type thing...
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

i think it would be nice if you went with a vette style one piece top. just over the front seats have the whole thing come off.
      1979 lincoln versailis, ford test ordered car, factory floor shift with bucket seats.
      1983 lincoln mark VI, all factory
      2015 Mustang GT 50yrs SHERROD, 6 speed 302, track pack, premium package, Custom JL sound system.

Comment

Originally posted by bowman83merc View Post
        i think it would be nice if you went with a vette style one piece top. just over the front seats have the whole thing come off.
        I was thinkin the same thing..Like a pop out...

Comment

late 70's thunderbirds were offered with t tops too, i've seen a few of them around. as for the vette idea, i think if it was a one piece the frame would need way too much reinforcement. as it is i think if i left a strip of metal right in the middle i could weld a steel bar inbetween the roof and headliner (or whatever would be left of it) for extra reinforcement. i actually didn't even give any thought to the door pillars, that would be a bit of a pain, though if i did it with a coupe i could probably cut the door pillars off completely and try to extend the weatherstripping down to meet the window when it closes. not sure if that would actually work very well or not, but it'd be an idea

Comment

Working...
          X