No announcement yet.

Throttle Position Sensor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good idea to double check if it's all seated well (wires). I've had them pop off the plugs before.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I will do this, but I doubt this will be of any effect..............my problem of hesitation is only when engine is cold when first started in the morning. Pulling away is jerky and when on the road, I have to put my foot into the throttle to get her to accelerate........there is a marked period of dead-ness.......meaning no response. On the highway she goes beautiful, but when I want to pass, I have to really floor it.

Comment

point. My 88 will do this if I don't let it settle down first before moving. Takes about 15 seconds.

I don't even try to pass with my 88 most of the time. It just doesn't work at high RPM. The vic has no problems though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

So much for Mercury "ride engineered" :-(..........you know I wonder if the new 6 cyl 300 bhp Mustang engine could be transplanted in my '86 Tudor? I mean that is double the power of the 5.0!

Comment

Improve the exhaust and let it get more air. It helps tremendously. Pantera's wagon ran better 1/4 mile times with pretty minor work than any of the HO powered vehicles. Pretty impressive for a high mileage lopo that hasn't had any miracles worked on it. In stock form though, they're kind of horrible. Mind you even when optimized, its never going to be anyone's idea of fast but its a whole lot less intolerable.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Can I just order a Walker OEM dual exhaust system and be done with it?

Comment

Headers might be nice.
                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

So would a large bank account!

Comment

The stock duals are much better than the single, but the stock type mufflers pretty much suck. The stock tailpipes are also not real big, though I think we're kind of out of options there. Used to be you could get the Dynomax tails for a 96 Impala SS for a nice big pipe, but I think its discontinued now. Headers help, even the stock 5.0 HO ones that everyone gets rid of, but if you can find 1990 Towncar manifolds they work almost as well and are a direct no BS fit to the stock exhaust. Less weight too. Those stock iron logs suck. Swap the upper intake and throttle body for stock HO parts and that helps too.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Elimate the cats too?

Comment

I put cats and performance mufflers (all magnaflow in my case - including the cats) on my 88 (the rest of the pipe was custom bent at a local shop that has some awesome guys working in it and don't charge near as much as the chains do) and it helped a lot on the butt dyno (seat of the pants feel). I have NO times to quote, but it felt a good second or 2 faster to 60. (probably filled out that 2nd tick with the 3.55 gears I put in recently). I also gained 1mpg with the duals (when I kept my foot out of it). Gained 2mpg in town with the 3.55 gears though. It is rather hard for me to keep my foot out of it off the line though.

I'd keep the cats for stink prevention (raw exhaust sucks IMHO as well as burns my lungs). I hate the exhaust of my Lincoln (no cats). It sounds great (though not much different than any other dual exhaust HO) but it stinks. If I don't sell it and end up keeping it, I'll put cats on it.

Comment

Before I jump into an exhaust..............I need to cure the cold start pull away situation.......as suggested, when next I drive the car it will be with the vac line disconnected from the EGR..............if I no longer have a jerky pull away, then I will replace the EGR solenoid........if I still have the jerky pull away...........I will live with it, because it is caused by nothing related to the EGR.

Comment

Working...
                          X