No announcement yet.

Found my build sheet for my 80 Mark VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post a wanted ad on kijiji or something like that looking for pictures...never know what someone may have in their albumns???

I have been speaking with a contact at ford that may be able to pull up some useful information from the archives. i will keep you posted if it turnes out to be a trip worth while.
    Last edited by Sign of the Cat; 04-04-2011, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
      I have yet to find any build sheets on any car. and I've been through them quite in depth (save under the carpet or behind the headliner)

86-91 the Build Sheet is found shoved underneath the PS Front Seat Springs. They are always there in every Box I've seen from the time period, unless someone has removed yours in the past. Other people on here have confirmed this as well with their cars.

Before that they could have been anywhere in the car, apparently even inside the dash and behind the cluster. I found the two for my '80 Mark Coupe underneath the Rear Seat Bottom on the PS. Anyone with a 80-83 Mark should check there first.

Comment

cias@autoshow.ca - this is a canadian international auto show you should email and see if they have any archive department or photos they can dig up for you

Comment

Very cool! Another reason to hold onto this '80
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

nice it is maroon paint same color as my grand marquis.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
            -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
            1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by Sign of the Cat View Post
              cias@autoshow.ca - this is a canadian international auto show you should email and see if they have any archive department or photos they can dig up for you
              Ok thanks, I will email them right now.

BTW: Mike, no time on the cell right now.. should be back up and running thursday or friday
              Last edited by Grand_Marquis_LSS; 04-06-2011, 06:32 PM.

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
              351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
              duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

Build date is 8-9 months before the auto show, if it was run the same time of year back then.

This probably means it was either used as a display car somewhere other than an actual auto show (mall or something?) or made a tour of several auto shows.

Either way, very cool that it's got some sort of special past and possibly got extra attention at the factory.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Working...
                X