automatic overdrive badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, she is a base model.

Even has the Manual cable driven mirrors, which I have never seen on a Lincoln before.

Comment

That's awesome. I'd make it a real sleeper...you've got a much better head start than I do with your 351w though
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post

Even has the Manual cable driven mirrors, which I have never seen on a Lincoln before.
        I don't think Lincolns got power mirrors until 84. I have an 80 or 81 Mark VI brochure at home and don't remember any mention of them.
        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
          very interesting. now i need a set of electronic fuel injection badges. goddamn you all.

no, seriously, thanks for the help. did these badges show up on anything besides ol' lincolns?

i have set of electronic fuel injection badges in good shape with hardly no pitting that i can give to you for $5 plus shipping.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
          -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

hey, you can't go wrong with 5 bucks. done.
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

The same Automatic Overdrive badges were used on the front fenders of some police package LTD's with 351 motors. This one is a 1986. My police Vic is also a 1986, but came without badges. I don't know why some got them and others didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post

that was standard. no power in '80. your lincoln is equiped the exact same, except mine has an analog gauge cluster.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                  I don't think Lincolns got power mirrors until 84. I have an 80 or 81 Mark VI brochure at home and don't remember any mention of them.
                  my 82 mark has full power mirrors and driver heated/thermometer.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                    my 82 mark has full power mirrors and driver heated/thermometer.
                    Yes, I stand corrected. I just was coming to this thread to say that my 81 Mark VI brochure does in fact mention "power remote control mirrors" as an option.
                    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                    Past Panthers
                    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                      That's awesome. I'd make it a real sleeper...you've got a much better head start than I do with your 351w though

Thanks. She will be sleepin something fierce by the time I'm done. I'm gonna finally get to start buying some of the go fast parts for my 351 build, this week. Throwin in a HO up in 'er soon though, to tide me over until the build is done.

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                      that was standard. no power in '80. your lincoln is equiped the exact same, except mine has an analog gauge cluster.

Interesting. Was under the impression that these where the base model MKVI's, and the Designer and Signature Series where the top of the line. I need to get on the bay and pickup a "80 Mark VI brochure, should clear things up.

Comment

they were never considered "base" lol. you had a standard, designer and signature mark VI. i have a kanadia and US version of the 1980 lincoln brochure and there is no mention of power mirrors. its prolly an 1982-83 introductory thing.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

over the years there were a number of mirror options, manual with no heat, manual with heat, electric with no heat, and electric with heat. Then the plugs changed sometime in 87, so there ends up being like 6 different possible mirror options. I actually bought 87+ mirrors for my car and changed the plugs over because I was able to get NOS 87 mirrors for 35 bucks each and the correct ones were like 60 each. For 25 bucks a mirror I'll spend 5 minutes replacing a plug.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                          X