No announcement yet.

Just bought a 88 Towncar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you want performance, i suggest trickflow twisted wedge heads, explorer or trickflow intake, xe258 cam,xe264 cam, or a custom peice from randy malik of rm competition. dual exhaust and some bbk 1515 headers. just a suggestion, also you might want to get a converter from dirty dog performance as well, get rid of that direct drive, youll be happier lol. but mind you its just a suggestion.
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
      W3RD UP! to dat shyt mane! keep it pimp'n like an ol' man... real talk pete!
      LMAO!

We be fron'in like da playaz we be

Pete
      Originally posted by gadget73
      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

wurd up yo
        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

W333rrrd!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
            if you want performance, i suggest trickflow twisted wedge heads, explorer or trickflow intake, xe258 cam,xe264 cam, or a custom peice from randy malik of rm competition. dual exhaust and some bbk 1515 headers. just a suggestion, also you might want to get a converter from dirty dog performance as well, get rid of that direct drive, youll be happier lol. but mind you its just a suggestion.
            Good Suggestion! haha TrickFlow Twisted Wedge FTW!!

Comment

I hear what you guys are saying, but being a noob, the terminology is above me

I did get a quote for a 600 long block engine, with a 350 tranny installed for $1400.
              I live in northern illinois...if you guys could point me to a trusted shop...that would help to.

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Make sure you can stop, steer, stay on the road and see where you are going.
                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Make the suspension right before you even consider messing with the engine. Give it a tuneup and whatever maintenance stuff it needs, but leave it be otherwise. Maybe dual exhaust, but only because the stock single exhaust is horrible. If it won't drive and stop correctly, there is no point in trying to make it go fast. Besides, all a lot of motor will do in something with horrible suspension is smoke the tires and spin you out. Power is useless if you can't keep it on the road.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Grand1 View Post
                    I hear what you guys are saying, but being a noob, the terminology is above me

I did get a quote for a 600 long block engine, with a 350 tranny installed for $1400.
                    I live in northern illinois...if you guys could point me to a trusted shop...that would help to.
                    I'm not sure what a 350 tranny would be, but a "long block" is the engine block and heads. For 600 dollars you're likely getting a 'stock' engine. In other words, the only performance improvement would be from any wear and tear your old engine had. Not worth it.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by Grand1 View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]31902[/ATTACH]

For $1600

98,000k on a 5.0? The five digit...thing im aware

Interior is plush....what should I do?

Suspension, open up the motor, suggestions thoughts ...ideas?
                      I would read and learn and then read some more , as well as the stuff gadget said above
                      sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

A TH350 is a chevy transmission. Just give it a full tune up, inspect/repair brakes & suspension and give it a good cleaning. After that then you can plan. But yeah, if someone said they'll put a 350 tranny in the car, run. Run far far away.....
                        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

well, heres one hell of an update:

new 5.0 thrown in w/ 2 year warranty
                          new trans
                          upgraded torque converter set at 2500
                          new ball joints
                          drums
                          rotors
                          pads
                          shoes
                          dual exhaust thanks monterey1962
                          kyb front and back
                          springs
                          fuel filter
                          oil pan
                          all preventive maintenance etc
                          ....kinda went past my budget....but shit, this will be a toy to play with for awhile!

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Stock engine with a 2500 stall, or is that not stock? If its stock, you're wasting a lot of power. The lopo makes its torque peak at like 1400 rpm or something really stupidly low like that.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Moar pics, I mean, of course.
                                Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Working...
                                X