Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After careful consideration... I've decided..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean, if the car were in the $500 neighborhood, I wouldn't bother looking, but because of the price I am going to drive 9 hours to South Carolina to check it thoroughly. It's solid enough, i'll own it But I am going to follow your thread rather religiously!
    "Charleston" the 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS sedan

Comment

see my problem is the car just says/whispers 'buy me/save me' and thats all she wrote.

good thing they all dont talk to me.....lmfao, then i might really have 'problems,' however you wanna take that.

maybe one of these days ill actually inspect a car before i buy it rather than after i get her home..

gut feelings FTMFW.
      1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
      1994 MGM GS Montigua
      2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
      2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Sigh, I'm crazy.. My "careful consideration" is all wack. I just want to be able to drive my Marquis! I'm so complacent and worried I'll never be able to replace the oil pan and then not drive my car. It's sooo annoying! I love Charleston! And compared to what I've seen My Marquis's rust is nothing! I don't need a guzzler that's like driving a school bus. Maybe one day once Charleston is restored Completely and thoroughly. Psh.. you guys gotta keep me on track, with cars I go crazy

Comment

My marquis knocks, I thought it was the spark plugs, but I don't know what it is. It sounds kinda bad. I think I'm gonna get the Continental. It sounds nicer and nicer. I'm sad.

Comment

Originally posted by tyler_hubbard2003 View Post
            My marquis knocks, I thought it was the spark plugs, but I don't know what it is. It sounds kinda bad. I think I'm gonna get the Continental. It sounds nicer and nicer. I'm sad.
            is it a 'tick' or a 'knock'?

if its ticking...its fine

1994 MGM GS Montigua
            2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Engines are easier to fix than rust. There's a reason I drove over 3000 miles last year to buy rust free panthers.
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

X2. rust control sucks

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

where abouts do you live again tyler?

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                  2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Well rust is a special challenge. But POR-15 is like my best friend and that continental is allowed to have rust it's been neglected :p and I live in the sunshine state. Melbourne, Florida

Comment

any chance youll be coming to scottfest '11?
                      Last edited by rick99601; 02-20-2011, 11:34 PM.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                      2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

I'd love to! However I am scared that my car won't make it now with the tapping I though was spark knock, It reminds me of my neon that had valve tap on acceleration but this sounds worse-ish.. Sounds more metallic I suppose.. :/

Comment

I mean I suppose it could possibly have a hell of a lot of carbon, but it sounds so loud, I never noticed when I drove the car home. Then again once I go home and drove it later, I did. I thought it was because it was low on oil for too long, but it wasn't really low... I mean it was hardly driven and only has 66k miles.. Maybe driving it would be possible..?

Comment

put some marvel mystery oil in the crankcase. ill bet it quiets it down. dont leave it in there for long, though.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                            2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Ancient clackey engines FTL.
                              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

That is not just a project, that is a money black hole. It needs a transmission and who knows what else just to get it to drive under its own power reliably. $1500 may not sound like much but after you put another $1000+ just to be able to drive it to the car wash, reality will set in.
                                Brand spanking new those cars could not get out of their own way. They weigh 1000lbs more than a Panther Town Car and have less horsepower.
                                Which of these 2 Green Lincolns do you think will cost you less money to restore, make performance improvements and drive? If you click the little picture it will get bigger.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	picture-701.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1264316

Comment

Working...
                                X