No announcement yet.

521 Stroker Motor for the Fairlane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sal & I can`t wait to see it too.........
    2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
    85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
    07 JCL 250 A Scooter
    79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

Nice work Pat.
      SGT of arms of GMN !

Comment

sweet fairlane pat

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Thank you Mangs.

Blaze, I'll probably end up putting a cage in it afterall. I'd like to upgrade the belts to a 5-point harness, and the cage would look cool too.

cablemang, I have to work a 12 shift for the Scottfest days, so unless I can get someone to work for me, I can't make it. I'd love to drag race with you guys, and I'll pull it over with the Truck. You never know, because I'll see what I can do. I really want to come this year, because I want to drink with Scott and Tom again. (I'll stay away from any helmet buffers.....

Hi Throld Stone....long time no see.
          1966 Ford Fairlane 500XL - 521 Stroker/4-speed
          1997 Ford F250XLT Heavy Duty - 460/E4OD
          2008 Ford Crown Victoria LX

Comment

Yeah, people suggest not putting a 5/4 point in until you have a cage. If you roll with a 5/4 point and don't have a cage, your neck is the only thing that is free to move, so the roof coming down would be almost certain death.

Comment

Man, I haven't posted in awhile back here, to show my trip down to Owensboro, KY for the 1st Annual Big Block Ford Nationals in late April. I had a great time, and the Fairlane is still in one piece. I only ran on Friday's T&T, and did a total of 15 passes down the 1/8 mile. I just shifted into 4th gear at the end of the 1/8, so I think the Fairlane will like the 1/4 mile much better. I managed a best of 8.03 @ 91.87 I have to rebuild the Detroit Locker, because it didn't lock up most of the time. The wheel that did grab, was spinning the tire on the rim. I could only get a best of 1.9 on the 60' like this. The truck pulled the Fairlane and trailer like it wasn't even there, even up those 6% grades in western Maryland and West Virginia. If they flattened out West Virginia, it would be as big as Texas! I had a best of 14mpg towing in OD on the flats, and a low of 10mpg in the hills. Not too bad pulling about 5500lbs.

Across the street at the hotel......

Off the trailer at the track....

By the end of the day, this gap was even greater.....

Here's the other side.....

Here's a couple videos I made too. I shortened them up a bit for dial up folks. They look a little funny, because the camcorder was in widescreen mode, so everything looked like it was from the Land of Oz on a normal TV.

The first video is over my Dad's house, lining the car up to the trailer. You can hear how sweet that cam sounds, through 3" Dynomax Ultra Flows with turndowns.

http://www.patfromjersey.com/bbfbash.../bbfbash04.mpg

The next three are runs at the track.

http://www.patfromjersey.com/bbfbash.../bbfbash06.mpg

http://www.patfromjersey.com/bbfbash.../bbfbash07.mpg

http://www.patfromjersey.com/bbfbash.../bbfbash08.mpg

I hurt my foot two months ago playing softball, so I haven't been able to drive the Fairlane. It's my clutch foot and it hurt too much to shift. It's all better now, so when I get to the 1/4 mile track soon, I'll post the times and hopefully a video or two.
              Last edited by PatFromJersey; 07-26-2007, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Very exciting! I do hope I'm able to build a big-block one of these days; probably gonna be a while, though.

How do you handle your Web hosting for Patfromjersey.com?
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I use that 1and1 Internet Co. I think it's 29.97 every 3 or 4 months. It's been pretty good so far.

Comment

Sounds great, mang!

Just so you know, you're giving me the inspiration to build a big block powered tudor
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Thanks Tom. That would be awesome! I'd love to help you out with any tips and experience I had with my build. Those stroker motors love these heavy cars. The torque is unreal!

Comment

Yeah looking to combine some sort of survival motorsports stroker with a set of the Kaase SCJ heads, and put it in front of the Tremec TKO sitting in Scott's Garage

Right now, I may be taking ANOTHER overseas assignment, so it will give me plenty of time to collect more parts for GMGT's build..

Comment

Barry at Survival Motorsports was great to deal with, for the Stroker kit. You'll love those Kaase SCJ heads too. You could do a hydraulic clutch setup like I did, and you won't have to worry about any mechanical linkage to figure out. Just get yourself a Wilwood pedal and master cylinder like I did, and you won't even have to chop up the current pedal deal. That car would be a killer!

Comment

BTW, if you ever make it back to PA for a couple days, let me know. I'd take a ride out in the car to see you. It would be a kind of preview of what you could expect.

Comment

I actually already have a bolt-in pedal assembly, and am considering the same hydralic clutch setup you run

Comment

hey pat, I dont have quicktime 7 and cannot upgrade it..because my computer still WIN ME. quicktime 7 is only for XP and Vista. So, that mean Im going to get a new computer soon. Can you make me a favor, you put some videos at streetfire? so I can view your videos??
                                1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                                1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                                1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                                1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Working...
                                X