No announcement yet.

1988 colony park help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok so im tuning up my colony park right now, i got an air filter, cap, rotor and titanium spark plugs. the car runs much better now, but im still getting dual exhaust hopefully 2.5" or 2.25" pipes. so how much hp will that add?

Comment

nice, yours is the exact car as my wagon, color, year and interior color!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Titanium sparkers, eh? I've heard of platinum, but not titanium. Myself, I always just ran Autolite 2545 or equivalent copper-core plugs, but one can't learn much by not branching out!

The factory dual-exhaust lowpo 5.0s were rated at something like 10 or 15 hp more than single exhaust (160 or 165 versus 150). Since a 2" dual exhaust probably isn't a significant restriction on a stock lowpo I wouldn't expect much more gain than that, but it could possibly go up to 170-ish.

Have you checked the timing? That can be an easy source of a small amount of free power, especially if it's retarded as-is (should be about 10 degrees BTDC stock; Mustang tuners frequently bump it to 14 degrees but that's said to require premium fuel, at least in the HO motor).
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

If you plan on modding the motor at all, i'd suggest moving up to 2.25 or 2.5" duals. Yeah, I gave him exhaust advice, flame me.
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

yeah i need to bump the timing up because it stalls out sometimes, i hope that will fix it. and yes im going to eventually mod the engine, maybe get new upper intake, cold air intake, rear gears, posi traction, and heads from a mustang 5.0

Comment

If it's stalling, that isn't a timing issue. That could be bad idle solenoid, vacuum leak, bad sensors....
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

ok im gunna make the idling a little faster and see if that works

ill put some pics up soon

Comment

You aren't listening. DO NOT CHANGE THE IDLE SCREW. THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE WRONG WITH THE CAR!

Go take it to Autozone or Advance and find out what the trouble codes are. Work from there. The computer controls the idle and timing and it needs to be set at the factory spec (IE left ALONE) Most of the time people do set the timing incorrectly.
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                  X