No announcement yet.

Cheap/Easy TAIL GATE 'FIX'.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, DaWoody, does your tailgate still operate in the swinging-down mode? I really don't know if mine does anymore or not, in part since it's been 9 years now since the window regulator called it quits .... gotta fix that one of these years ........
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Here in chicago people do that all the time to keep theives out of their cars. Theres car around wriglyville with every door padlocked.

Comment

i fixed my tailgate so it stays shut.

my cardomain page is http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2944469

Comment

Hadn't seen that view before, actually. Did you smooth the factory taillights or are those homemade lenses?

huh, looks like that plate says Texas .... and coincidentally, that pic looks a touch like my wife's friend's parents' neighborhood in Irving.
          Last edited by 1987cp; 07-25-2008, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post

Hadn't seen that view before, actually. Did you smooth the factory taillights or are those homemade lenses?

huh, looks like that plate says Texas .... and coincidentally, that pic looks a touch like my wife's friend's parents' neighborhood in Irving.
            He has the cadillac tail lights on it now. Looks really sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
              He has the cadillac tail lights on it now. Looks really sweet.
              I know that. I'd never seen the above shot with stock-style taillights.

Comment

they used to be the stock buckets with a piece of red translucent plastic glued to them. the heat from the sun and the bulbs kept wharping them. my fuel filler was behind the driver side one. i decided to do away with all of it when i fixed the rear roll pan. molded in the 59' caddy tear drops and raised the rollpan a little. i also moved the filler neck back to side of the car and just used a custom billet cap to dress it a bit. you can see it all on my cardomain.

Comment

no detailed pics of the old taillights on the Cardomain pages.

Comment

did i hi-jack this thread? ill post up a picture of them later. i think i still have them in my garage somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X