X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh jeez.

He ain't a spammer!!!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
      Oh jeez.

He ain't a spammer!!!
      Then WTF was that post about?! It looks like he's trying to sell some back-up camera thing.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
      1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

He was asking about rear view cameras.

If I don't have a problem with his posts, why should you?

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
          He was asking about rear view cameras.

If I don't have a problem with his posts, why should you?
          'cuz I find myself being a tightwad dumbass at times. :poop: I'll STFU now.

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Maybe he shoulda started a thread about it instead of adding to this one???
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Maybe it is a spammer. Because he is asking about how it was installed, meaning that someone here has installed on. Makes no sense, because no one here does have one. It could be suggestive advertising. Or could just be confused...very confused.

Comment

Nope, not a spammer. He's been around for awhile. I don't know what a camera has to do with anything, but rest assured he's not spamming the board.
                Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

he's not a spammer moneypit he's been with us quite a while........a camera sounds like an awesome idea.........jeremy needs one for his wagon for those i81 blasts to skips place.....u mangs come up with the ideas and the money, i can make dreams come true lol
                  scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Ah he just wants help...

Comment

Dear Fellow Wagoneers,
                      Nope. Nothing to sell. I have seen rear view cameras on big RVs and just assumed that since both outside mirrors were removed (which are themselves adequate for rear vision only with small fisheyes added to cover the blind spots) that the poster had some new way to see behind him.
                      Even with refined suspension and tires these big wagons aren't fun in the beltway traffic I sometimes hit. They're as long as a Ford Excursion or an F-250 extended cab - without the Fords' higher off the road better visibility. In a hard rain, rain bounce off the road and big hood mean I simply do not see as well as most SUV drivers and without a rear window wiper the rear view mirror is useless.
                      I put a lot of miles on my 89/91- often on unfamiliar roads at night - Interstates and dirt roads too. I've installed european headlights and when I had a new front quarter put on it I had the sidelights from the old one installed on the new because sometimes, at night, that's the only way to see some tiny dirt lane I'm turning into - short of a powerful flashlight (got one of those too).

So being able to see - all around, day or night, in pretty much any traffic or weather (I carry chains) is important to me and I welcome any new ideas how to see better.
                      Donald McCaig

Comment

Originally posted by yucatec
                        I've installed european headlights
                        Donald McCaig
                        Huh? I'd be interested to learn more about this! I often times forget that my lights are on at night because they're so ridiculously dim.

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Inquiring minds need to know!!!

Comment

I think Hella makes E-code sealed beam headlights. I know I've seen them in the larger style that my Suburban and Cherokee used, but I'm not sure about a boxes lights. I'm holding off on making a huge investment until I see what Epi does with HID. A box with HIDs would be most badass!
                            Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

I didn't remove BOTH mirrors, only the passenger side. I only removed that because it wasn't factory installed.
                              '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by Evil LTD
                                A box with HIDs would be most badass!
                                Indeed! I'll save that one for the tudor, though.

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Working...
                                X