Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK the CFI pissed me off real good this time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are going to put $200 in a carb, why not explore a 4bbl alternative? Some early 80s AOD equipped 255 and 302s had regular 2bbls and were backed by AODs. Maybe you could score one for cheaper than $200. My mom's old 1980 255 TBird had one, but it has met its maker. If you need a 4bbl setup, shoot me an email. I have holley carbs and a factory HO aluminum intake. You would need to round up the Lokar setup and an ignition.

Tom

Comment

It seems like most people think a 2-bbl gets better gas mileage than a 4.

Comment

Tom, two linkys for ya
        Shop Aftermarket Parts For New & Classic Cars Online at JEGS High Performance. Browse Our Collection Of Replacement Automotive Parts Including Engines & Car Accessories. We Have Over 1 Million Parts & 800 Brands To Choose From.

Shop Aftermarket Parts For New & Classic Cars Online at JEGS High Performance. Browse Our Collection Of Replacement Automotive Parts Including Engines & Car Accessories. We Have Over 1 Million Parts & 800 Brands To Choose From.

Not saying to buy from them, just these are the parts you need to get that beautiful piece of machinery back on the road!!!

Ebay usually has these parts for half, or so. GO FOR IT!
        I'll even drive over and help ya get em on!

BTW can you switch to the old mechanical fuel pump setup?
        Just wonderin
        2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

He'd be able to if a.) There's a hole behind the cover plate in the timing cover or b.) there's no plate but the pump boss is there. In situation b, he'd just need to take the timing cover off and open up the hole behind the boss (where the fuel pump bolts on).

Comment

Thought that was the case. Now could he hook up a mech fuel pump to his current fuel lines, or would he have to run new ones?

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

That, I'm not sure of. If it has the queer plastic lines like all my CFI cars, then my vote is to say F those things and use all new rubber lines, or steel, if he has teh skills.

Comment

Mmmmm steel braided lines with AN connectors.

Comment

On the 351W, im going to run a mechanical...

This is a band-aid fix for a few months, so I can drive it. It's my only car at the moment, and I need to keep it runnin'..

Besides, I already miss driving it! It's really a fun car!

I know a 2bbl will suck a tad bit more gas, but better than malfunctioning CFI. And thats what I had. If I wanted better gas mileage, id buy a fucking hon-duh. Ya dig?
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                  X