• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct. Engine + prop = est 5200 lbs.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Fixed the wiring for the license plate lights. Now I have 2 LED bulbs and they both work!
      Also wired in drivers kick panel light. It is also now LED.
      And did some "investigating and scouting" for future projects.

-ryan s.
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Just scored a AMMX drive shaft from the junkyard. Awesome!!

RAWR!!!

-ryan s.
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Cool
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I finally wired in the electric fan. The correct way. With relays, and solder, and shrink wrap, and holes drilled in the fire wall with rubber grommets to support it, etc.
            I even have indicator lights. Green for low speed, Red for high speed. It only took around 4 hours to wire it all up. Oh, and I used that sweet 2 relay box that I found on a Aero CVPI last SF. and it all looks stock and stuff!!! Wooo!! I just need some wire loom and I'm good to go!
            Now, in other news, PlastiDip does not like primer. So, I'm going to paint the whole car with flat black from Rustoleum.
            Shit happens.

-ryan s.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

I painted my 92 grand marquis with rustoleum. I used paint thinner and it still holds up. But i think mineral spirit is better. I would say do a 75,25 mix. 75% rustoleum and 25% mineral spirits. I just had part of the roof near the window the paint lifted up. That was probably because of the paint thinner. But you might want to look into valspar or john deer tractor paint. John deer has a flat black but its 30 dollars a gallon. Also if you go with rustoleum go with the professional one.
              1992 Mercury Grand Marquis.
              Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
              Future upgrades: 5.0 swap, 4r70w swap, aluminum driveshaft.
              sigpic

Comment

Brush or spray??

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I'm sure he is going all out and springing for foam rollers.
                  2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                  2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                  Past Panthers
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                  if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Well, I do have 3 spray guns laying around, so I'll probably use those.
                    And it will not be painted in time for ScottFest.
                    Primer it is.
                    And there's this really cool project I'm working on. But only those who attend SF will get a preview. Because you have to see it first hand to understand the awesomeness.
                    The next week will be packed with stuff that needs to be completed. Like:
                    -Finish stripping and prime the car. Then sand it and re-prime.
                    -install the sweet wheels.
                    -install 3 gauge A-pillar cluster. Maybe by Saturday, this will be completed.
                    -repair the leaking extension housing seal. I already have the parts. Just need to do it.
                    -install the MMC driveshaft.
                    -replace the upper and lower ball joints. I already have the parts, I just need to do it.
                    -install newly painted trunk reflector.
                    -paint the tail lights.
                    -CLEAN IT OUT.

I think I have this. Maybe.

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Installed the trunk reflector tonight. And finally finished all the looms for the electric fan. It looks pretty.

Break time = picture time.

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Nice work, Ryan! A little clean up/detailing under the hood, when done and you're all set!! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

which efan did you use?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Oh, a Mark8 fan. It's been installed since 2008. An still kicking ass and blowing fuses occasionally.

Thanks Bobby!!

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

lol... circuit breaker FTW... and a HUGE capacitor to help reduce the initial load. Marine subwoofer amp power cap (1.5-3F) should be perfect.

I may get a whale fan and mod to fit the aero. The interesting part would be reactivating it on the PCM. I could always just thermostat it and use a relay or two to provide clean power to the fan.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                                lol... circuit breaker FTW... and a HUGE capacitor to help reduce the initial load. Marine subwoofer amp power cap (1.5-3F) should be perfect.

I may get a whale fan and mod to fit the aero. The interesting part would be reactivating it on the PCM. I could always just thermostat it and use a relay or two to provide clean power to the fan.
                                Reactivating it on the PCM? Oh that's right you have OBD-II computer.

I just did a little poking around on the internet, and there's a way you can have EEC-IV control an electric fan. With a few mods to the harness and a reactivation by means of a tuning chip (quarterhorse or tweecer) Interesting!
                                Last edited by 86VickyLX; 08-01-2013, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X