No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah... headlights and parking lights go through that. That's about it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

+1, headlights and such.

'91 has (I think, it's been a while since I've looked at it) a smaller connector further down which puts it out of sight with the new style air intake. http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post818392
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by IPreferDIY View Post
        NFC what it's connected to, but if you're talking eliminating the plug altogether, one possibility would be keep the plug but add long enough pieces of wire to hide it.
        Thats a good idea if I intended to keep it.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        pretty sure thats the header panel light harness connector. Useful if you ever need to remove the header panel for some reason.
        hmm...

Shows how useful that was to me at the time. lol circa 2015...

Originally posted by sly View Post
        Yeah... headlights and parking lights go through that. That's about it.
        Thanks

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
        +1, headlights and such.

'91 has (I think, it's been a while since I've looked at it) a smaller connector further down which puts it out of sight with the new style air intake. http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post818392
        I think I will be going the delete route. The car has so much altered and added wiring (because of upgrades and such) that it is kinda pointless for me. Just an eyesore.

Thanks everyone.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I wonder if there is a way to wire tuck most of the wiring; kinda like what the Fox body people do? I have been looking at that lately since the engine is back out of the CV.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
            I wonder if there is a way to wire tuck most of the wiring; kinda like what the Fox body people do? I have been looking at that lately since the engine is back out of the CV.
            There is a bunch of room inside of the fender but aside from that I dont believe there is anywhere do hide anything. We have to remember here that foxes have strut towers that can hide wiring.

I have what I believe to be an awful amount of wires in the bay. It would be cool to make them go away but it would come with a ton of effort. Wiring things up nicely take a large amount of time.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The header panel harness in a Fox car also lays along the frame rail where our steering box would be. They don't have less wiring, its just routed a little different. If you really took a look under the hood of either of my Foxes you'd be baffled with the amount of wiring in there, but its not quite as visible on first glance.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                There is a bunch of room inside of the fender but aside from that I dont believe there is anywhere do hide anything. We have to remember here that foxes have strut towers that can hide wiring.

I have what I believe to be an awful amount of wires in the bay. It would be cool to make them go away but it would come with a ton of effort. Wiring things up nicely take a large amount of time.
                Understood. I should probably focus on getting the car running anyways. Then maybe worry about aesthetics

Comment

/\ /\ Truth

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Speaking of aesthetics....

I axed the ugly salt shaker connector over by the air box/washer fluid reservoir....you know...this one:

and now:

And finished the Line Loc install.

Its visible underneath the master cylinder. Its bracket shape was based off of the factory brackets that aero and whale panthers sport for some wiring connectors.

I made up brake lines by picking up two more 98 to 02 NON abs front drivers side brakes lines from the junkyard and bending/cutting and flaring them to work with the hurst unit. All is good and the line loc functions!
                    Attached Files
                    ~David~

Comment

Inquiring minds want to know....

Have you undercoated the rear wheelwells?

Anything left of your rear tires?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Brent did some wire tucking with his 87 Grand Marquis. (VisionMercury)

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                          Inquiring minds want to know....

Have you undercoated the rear wheelwells?

Anything left of your rear tires?
                          Negative on roasting them.

I tested it the lame way. While front of car was still up in air (as I had to bleed the front brakes after introducing the LL) I tested normal braking function then applied brakes, held switch, released brakes and confirmed that the fronts were still holding pressure. Released switch and brakes released as well.
                          ~David~

Comment

I am expecting a dash cam vid w/cam looking backwards LOL

Comment

In Time Jim

In preparation for the mans trans I have installed an axle girdle. Seeing the ring gear fly out the rear cover is cool but I dont want that souvenir.

Old set up....

New set up....

Painted the rear sway bar to match my front one...

Attached Files
                              ~David~

Comment

honestly the rear-facing fill and drain plugs are almost enough to warrant one. No drain and having to fill it from the other side where access is poor sucks.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X