PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 259 of 259 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259
Results 5,161 to 5,174 of 5174

Thread: My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Whole car is immaculate. One of the most killer looking Box Panthers imho

Thanks

Unseasonably warm here...Popped outside and jacked up the car.

Measured angle of crank, driveshaft and then pinion.

Got crank relation to driveshaft to .25 degrees. Ideal is zero acceptable is up to .50 degrees. I did this by adding a 1/8" shim I plasma cut up to go between the trans and the trans mount. I recently removed a tranny mount which set the tranny 1/4" lower.

Got pinion angle to -2.50 degrees. Very little adjustment was needed on the upper rear arms and I am all set to go.

While the car was up so damn high I went around and greased everything...u joints, rear control arms, upper/lower ball joints, sway bar endlinks and frame mounts, tierods and pitman arm. Put neato caps on everything too.

Think the battery is letting go. The deltran battery tender said battery was fully charged but she had no guts to turn it over. Popped on the jump pack and it fired right up. I believe the battery is from 2016 when the engine was changed out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 66637506240__4F9505D2-7FE8-4BF3-8655-6405F67DCBED.jpg  
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ootdega View Post
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

It's all about the Benjamin! monterey1962's Avatar

Your attention to detail with cars amazes me. Car looks great.

Thanks.

Had to put a new battery in the car today. I had to use a jump pack the last few times to start it. The battery tender/maintainer said battery was fully charged, and it was. It just failed the load test. Battery was dated April 2016. Believe that was around the time I put the motor in. Cant argue about that considering it just kinda sits all week and then gets ran on weekends if the weather is good.
    ~David~

Seems that it is a good policy to change batteries every 3-4 years and not wait for a fail. Not like it used to be where you got 8-10 years from a battery! As current things stand, you got your $'s worth!
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Thanks.

Had to put a new battery in the car today. I had to use a jump pack the last few times to start it. The battery tender/maintainer said battery was fully charged, and it was. It just failed the load test. Battery was dated April 2016. Believe that was around the time I put the motor in. Cant argue about that considering it just kinda sits all week and then gets ran on weekends if the weather is good.
    At least I know what to expect out of my NAPA battery; as my CV will be driven in the same manner.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Anymore it seems like if you get more than 5 years out of a battery you're doing pretty good.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I did a thing.

It is minor yet something that has been annoying me for quite some time.

I added back the tilt forward seat levers.

I could not locate a set of two door hinges so I did what many recommended...using the welder.

While on a junkyard trip (in New Orleans....was there for work) I cut off a couple seat back tilt levers from a mid to late 90's mustang.

I welded on the little bits I cut off and then used the mustang knob as well. It works and I can get to the back seats easier now.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5079.jpg   IMG_5078.jpg   IMG_5077.jpg   IMG_5076.jpg   IMG_5075.jpg  

IMG_5074.jpg   IMG_5073.jpg   IMG_5072.jpg  
    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 04-22-2022 at 08:01 PM.
    ~David~

Also took care of an annoying problem I noticed late last year.

My clutch pedal was really loose and I did not know why. I mulled over it all winter expecting the welds broke that held the clutch pedal pivot tube in place on the pedal assembly which would require the entire pedal assembly to be removed. This would not be fun whatsoever so I just procrastinated over it.

Manned up yesterday and while I had the seat out I pulled the underdash carpeting and then to my amazement I found out that just the pedals nut was loose. This was such a relief.

~David~

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

if it works loose again, maybe a self-locking nut of some type would get it done.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

fomoco panthers !

The seat back levers look to be more sturdy than the originals. Maybe they will not bend and break. I also like the center arm rest/console from a Lincoln. I wish I could find a maroon one.
    Don't those clips on the floor mats catch on your shoes ? You might remove the chrome piece on the top and keep them near by.

Glad to hear the clutch pedal was something simple like that. I had a similar experience with my GMQ recently. It was running like crap/hard to start. 1000 things went through my head as to what it could be. Once I had time to actually look, it was just a loose spark plug wire. Easy fixes are the best fixes.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    if it works loose again, maybe a self-locking nut of some type would get it done.
    Absolutely will try that out. I have a clutch pedal height adjuster kit installed so I will have to see if I have enough threads left to fit a lock washer if things come to that.

Link to said clutch pedal height adjuster kit: https://lmr.com/item/MM-MMCL10/82-93...BoCZ3UQAvD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by Mainemantom View Post
    The seat back levers look to be more sturdy than the originals. Maybe they will not bend and break. I also like the center arm rest/console from a Lincoln. I wish I could find a maroon one.
    Don't those clips on the floor mats catch on your shoes ? You might remove the chrome piece on the top and keep them near by.
    I have you in my thoughts for when I go out to the yards for a maroon set (grabbing any set really in decent shape) as they are just too damn cool.

I have no experience with the original seat tilt levers. I can only hope these dont break off.

No issues with the clips catching my shoes. I will say though that the clips are not strong enough. The clear mat still walks up towards the firewall on me.

Quote Originally Posted by slack View Post
    Glad to hear the clutch pedal was something simple like that. Easy fixes are the best fixes.
    Amen.
    ~David~

+1 hurray for easy fix.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Page 259 of 259 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259