No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheels look killer on it. I have a question, where were you able to find the rear plate bucket? I cant find one anywhere. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 80LTD View Post
      Wheels look killer on it. I have a question, where were you able to find the rear plate bucket? I cant find one anywhere. Thanks.
      Thanks.

I purchased it from another member on this site.

It is a 1979 only piece. So that makes it kinda difficult to find.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Haven't touched her yet. Predicting an engine pull, thus the procrastination. Well that AND the fact that the backyard is not fully cleared yet to fit the old girl and allow access from the garage to the driveway. Can't block dads path out to the highways. His 85 GT has over 200K on her and my dad keeps tacking on the miles any chance he can get.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Well, as I like to say; It'll be ready for you when you're ready for it. Or, it'll be there tomorrow.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Yeah. It aint gonna fix itself no matter how much I "will" it to do so. lol
            ~David~

Comment

Those little coolant lines that feed into and out of the EGR spacer; did you check to see if they were tight? The heater core hose as well? All of those hoses back there out of sight could make for an interesting steam show.

The heater core hose on my '86 has this sensor thing in the middle with an electrical connection and a tube running from it. All those connections have me anxious about leaks when I get the new engine together.

Comment

No coolant lines to EGR under this beasts hood anymore.

Coolant pipe/hoses leading to heater core could be a possibility and will all be accessed once the system gets pressurized.

Its honestly something BIG giving up the ghost. I literally poured a gallon and a half of water in her on the side of the road and it all puked out in a matter of moments. Yeah, tow truck time.
                ~David~

Comment

Ugha! Even when my head gasket went on the Ranger; it took a round trip (80 miles) to kill 2 gallons of water. Only thing I can think of is the heater core hoses and/or the X-over tube; though IIRC, you reused your CV tube that didn't previously leak.

Packman

Comment

That much coolant speaks of a big hole. Freeze plug, fair size hose failure, something like that. Gaskets honestly don't tend to fail in a way that can blow that much of anything out of anywhere. It ought to be obvious once you get to looking around.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Looked around:

'splain that. lol
                      ~David~

Comment

Water pump bolt?
                        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Head bolt?
                          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Whatever it is the rest of it is still stuck in there plugging its hole, so no coolant leak thru there. That only leaves the gasket as a source for the leak, now that the bolt no longer provides the proper clamping force for it. Thing is most gaskets serve both coolant and oil sealing purposes, so if coolant was gushing out it may have gushed in as well, make it a point to check oil level and condition.

Also if the engine was not running while the additional gallon and a half was poured in on the side of the road, then a leaky gasket is not the big issue, they can only leak so much when left alone. Keep looking for something big broken or missing, you need a big hole to empty that much coolant in that short time when no pressure is involved.
                            The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                            The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Without scale, I'll guess its an intake bolt. Intake bolts are 5/16 x ~2" long. Head bolts are 7/16 x ~5" long. There are some short water pump bolts but that looks ARP-esque with the flange head and heavy washer. Failure looks like a tension failure, basically over-torqued. The 4 corner bolts on the lower intake go into the water passage, and losing one of those bolts would give a fair size hole to piss coolant from. The thread is probably plugging the hole, but losing clamping force at the corner would let it dump. Unfortunately it would probably also pump into the engine, so you're gonna want to be changing the oil. Water will settle to the bottom, if it wasn't run like that the bearings won't have been damaged by water.
                              Last edited by gadget73; 11-01-2016, 10:41 PM.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That looks like an ARP bolt, but even if it were an intake or water pump bolt, from ARP, wouldn't you have to torque the living crap outta it to snap it? I thought ARP bolts were tough? Which is why they charge $$$ for them.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X