X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
    I know

This is my inspiration, kinda:

I like the Mach I hood on the other truck.

Comment

What is the thought process behind the crown vic front suspension? Just want to know why it is done is all.
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
        What is the thought process behind the crown vic front suspension? Just want to know why it is done is all.
        Easy way to get better brakes, easier to lower than twin I beams, lighter weight, better suspension geometry, better comfort, etc.

Pretty cool shit.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

If your going to do that you should put a 3v 4.6 in it. I know your were talking 4v but here once the 5.0 gets out and about you will be able to get the 3v cheap.
          1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
          2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
          sigpic

Comment

3-valve 5.4. 300hp/365ft-lbs tq. Or, Triton V-10... just carry a spare crankshaft.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
            1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
              To shitcan the stock front F-series front clip. You get better brakes, updated suspension, rack-and-pinion steering (although you have to get a 2008-up rack and pinion, speed-sensitive steering issues with 2003-2007 racks, from what I'm seeing).

The beauty of it is that it's almost a bolt-on for the 1960's and 1970's F-series trucks....think of it as a Mustang II front clip, but you're able to actually use the truck as a truck afterwards.....but it isn't as easy for the 1980-up crowd, as evidenced by the links I provided to the one guy building a Bronco Lightning in my 'Bizarre Projects' thread, where he's having to do some frame trimming on a Bronco frame to get it to fit.

This swap is on my short list of to-do's. And I mean short.

So far as the broken crank thing with the V-10's goes....has anyone actually ran across this sort of thing? I've still not found anything but thrown rods with the earlier engines (I'm seriously interested in doing something with a 2005-up 3-valve). The cranks, according to Ford, and most everything else that I've seen, are forged, although my NAPA has one torn down in the machine shop....it's a really weird crank setup. I might get pics this evening, as I also still have to post video of my recent trip to Madras Speedway....

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                I know

This is my inspiration, kinda:

that truck is teh win!!!!!!!!!!

Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Those red trucks are both sexy.

Are there pics around of the f100 as it sits?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Yeah, he has pictures of it somewhere.

Tom, its a 3 spd on the column, right? Impractical for a performance build, but I think thats cool as hell. I've only ever driven one vehicle with a 3 on the tree (my Dad's '62 Impala), but it was a fun experience.

Maybe not as fun as hammering the gears in that TKO, though...
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

loosing the I beams is a good thing. you should see my buddies 40' ford pick up with a built 460 and C6 lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Update! On the 20th I will be picking up the 73-77 grille I got for it in PA. Thanks seneeb

Also, in the next couple months I am going to get the motor. Project will commence slowly. That is, after I get done refinishing that furniture for the honey-do list!

Comment

I'm going to respectfully disagree on the grill. 77-79 looks way better in my opinion, especially with a billet grill, like you would see on the original 'Bigfoot'. What about 5.4L 32v Navigator power? I think a Boss 429 hood scoop would look badass too

Comment

If I could find 5.4 Navigator power, I would. Shit ain't cheap!

Luckily, if I want to upgrade later, it will still bolt in. And you're thinking 78-79. The square headlights ain't impressing me anymore, for some odd reason. Plus, I want an excuse to get Pirate's cool LED headlights.

And no hoodscoop!

Comment

I thought we had this discussion.

The round headlights kick the shit out of the rectangular ones.

Going to get started on this with the new room you'll have in the yard/ garage?
                              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Yes. It's shocking how much room I have in the garage now!

Comment

Working...
                                X