03 GMQ rear spring replacement...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

03 GMQ rear spring replacement...

We had a customer come to us with an 03 GMQ that had the rear end "sagging". We were informed that they were about to take a trip to florida with 4 "large" adults a trunk packed full of luggage and a power scooter hanging off the back on a special rack that looks pretty stout. There were seat belt extenders in the car that came up to the middle of my chest when buckled....and I'm 6'1" 250....just the passengers alone are about 100-200lbs over the max weight capacity according to the door tag.

The shop manager hit the j-yard and picked up "lincoln" rear springs...they were 2" taller and looked great unloaded...but two of us could bottom it out....we ended up ordering wagon cargo coils(moog cc819)....they'll never bottom that thing out now...it sat about 2" high unloaded, but with 460lbs worth of technicians in the back seat it was just a hair above level....I should have taken a picture of that thing for laughs. I think they're next purchase should be an F350 super duty crew cab.

-Don
    '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Maybe they should be looking to purchase a greyhound bus.
    2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

Good candidate for air suspension!
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I strongly agree with both responses! It doesn't ride bad unloaded...but it looks silly...looks like it's spent a lot of time on the bumpstops too, never good news.
        '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Working...
        X