Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a good price for a set of Marauder rims and center caps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a good price for a set of Marauder rims and center caps?

I’ve got an ’86 CP and recently picked up ’00 CVPI spindles/rotors/calipers to do the big brake conversion. I know I’m going to need at least 16” wheels for this and was originally planning on using Mark VII LSC wheels when I came across a set of Marauder wheels for sale on craigslist. They have bad tires and one of the rims has a little curb rash but the rest look good and all the center caps are there. I know I’ll need 1” spacers but I would need those for the LSC wheels anyway.
    Does anyone have these rims on their box? if so how do they like them? What do these go for these days?
    Thanks

88 Country Squire
    86 Colony Park, non-op'd
    89 Mark VII LSC, non-op'd

natehawk has a set on his 85 vic, he put them on like 8 yrs ago

no clue what they are going for now, when the marauder was newer used wheels were going for around 200 each..........400 for a set would be an excellent price tho

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

They're about $900- 1000+ a set now. If you can find a decent set and/or deal, then go you!

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Personally, I would prefer a set of bullitt aftermarkets. I never really liked the Marauder wheel design.
        '01 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4.6L
        '01 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L

Comment

Update. Shortly after I saw the Marauder wheels I came across someone selling a set of "Mesh" Crown Vic wheels, 16" x 7". I assume these are the HPP wheels. Pictures attached. The guy that sold me the '00 CVPI front brakes suggested I find a set of the HPPs. He had one to show me and I was very impressed on how light it was. The "Mesh" wheel are going for $380 obo. They don't have the center caps. I can get the Marauder wheels for $500 ... they have the center caps, which I think are pretty cool. I think either of these wheel would look good on my wagon. I'm a little concerned about the ride if I go with the 18" Marauder wheels. On the flip side I don't think I want to have capless wheels on the car. I had a past experience of buying capless used wheels and then spending more for the caps than I purchased the wheels for. Both these sets of wheels are about a 2 hour drive from me too. Any opinions from anyone who's using either of these type of wheels? Thanks
          Attached Files

88 Country Squire
          86 Colony Park, non-op'd
          89 Mark VII LSC, non-op'd

Comment

I, personally <3 the lacey-spoke hpp rims. $380 obo doesn't sound too high but I'd see if they'd take closer to $300 (I'm a cheap bastard). Do you know that tires expire? 6 years or so after manufacture, tires dry out and can suffer tread seperation and kill you at freeway speeds. Look at the four numbers at the end of the string on the tire that starts with "DOT" it will be something like 0908 (which means the tire was manufactured in the ninth week of '08).
            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Keep in mind when you have to get new tires 18" cost a bit more then 16".

Comment

I'd go for the hpps. No need for spacers.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

HPPs FTW!
                  Offer $300 and maybe up to $350.

FYI: new ones cost $120 each.
                  Factory Wheels at Wholesale Pricing, WheelsTiresandMore has you covered.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

offer 250 cash for the hpp's.........caps arent that expensive, i'm sure some gmners have extra sets

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

get HPPs! it's the thing to do. mine are pretty shabby looking (and i've only got 3/4 of the set)...i really need to get them sandblasted but i'm waiting until i have a 4th.

225/60/16s are plentiful. i pick em up used all of the time, both of my cars use the same size
                      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I'd go with the HPP's, just because I'd hate having to run spacers. They look ugly, put more wear and tear on your axle bearings and wheel bearings, and are just another thing that can fail.
                        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

The Marauder rims really shine in the sun, or in any light for that matter.

The hpp's in the photo you provided seem to have the painted outer section, which are the last series. They are very nice. There are three different versions with different sections painted or polished, so be carefull if you ever need to match one. I have the fully painted ones and would have liked one of the polished sets but they are older and as such harder to find in good condition.

The hpps are a pita to keep clean. The marauder wheels are much easier but you need to be carefull not to scratch the highly polished surfaces.

The 16" tires are certainly cheaper but the selection of 18" tires are probably more expensive but likely you can get more performance oriented rubber in that big wide size.

IMHO the hpp's look more natural, less standout, but very nice on the box. The Marauder wheels are cool and as they are very shiny and larger, will stand out more which is good and bad.

Either will be a big improvement and you will be happy with them. Just make sure they are not bent before you mount up tires. They can be unbent but you do not want multiple mounting and balance events. Road Force rules!

Jay
                          Last edited by jaywish; 09-14-2012, 12:39 AM.
                          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
                          X