No announcement yet.

255 tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In your case ditch the 255 Its as bad as EEC III CFI. Im getting rid of the cfi in my mark vi going to HO SEFI 302.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsTownCarSS View Post
      In your case ditch the 255 Its as bad as EEC III CFI. Im getting rid of the cfi in my mark vi going to HO SEFI 302.
      im planning to when the LTD is a little more.... road worthy. she runs but trans leaks.. anyway. i plan to drop a N/A 302 in whn this motor hits 200k
      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by fmansfield444 View Post
        If you have 2" down pipes bolted to your current manifolds they will not bolt to mustang shorties. The mustang headers are 2.25 inches. Stock anyway I'm not sure about any aftermarkets.
        shit, i was afraid of that.. now i need to find some downpipes....... dammit.. i do plan on putting an H in..
        Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
        Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
        Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

btw.. clean look you have Pantera... i m doing exactly what you have except mine are going out in front of the wheels with some nice tips

Comment

It looks like the stock downpipes are 2.25", since they reduce down just after the cats. Yours may have been replaced with 2" though, no way to know until you measure it. Just install the headers and drive it to an exhaust shop and have them make downpipes for you, and have it all welded up like you want.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

thats what a few have said. including my dad.. but i dont really know any places or have the money. not to mention i never really trust anyones work except my own

Comment

how would a shop "make" the down pipes? the kind ihave are the ones that have somewhat of a ball shape to them if you know what i mean. i dont know how theyd make something like that

Comment

A shop with a proper exhaust bender can do it. Or, they should have just the flange part in stock. Then they would just weld them to your down pipes. Lots of options.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

ohh ok. cause its the flange part i need. the rounded end that connects to the headers. then the rest is all good. i should prep the pieces a bit and get a settup laid out so they can just weld it and then all i need is flanges made.

Comment

Working...
                    X