sample weather stripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sample weather stripping

got some sample weather stripping.i think i found some weather stripping for rear tail gate thats close to orignal piece
    Attached Files

Sweet. Both of mine need it.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

more pics
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

got this from autozone for 32 bucks its larger than other piece i got.this great for lower half of tail gate. got to fab up a piece for the upper to lower piece.
          Attached Files

Comment

gotto figure out middle piece from upper to lower piece.mine is rotten so got to make up something
            Attached Files

Comment

I have a fairly decent spare, I could make a mold, then if we had something that is rubber like we could make new ones...Though there is a metal insert in that thing.

Comment

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TgLKwMV7NbM"]i saw this and that mold looks rubber like but i am unsure if it would hold up to the elements cold hot? Black Extruded 60, 70 Durometer Epdm is what weather stripping is i believe.the mold idea is good and metal insert needs to be there to hold them together to body and not let water pass by at that spot.gotta do more research on this

Comment

The metal wouldn't be too big of a deal, if we harvest old weather stripping, or just cut a piece or metal out. Can't be too difficult. That mold used silicone, which would hold up. Durometer is a big factor, 60 or 70 is fairly stiff. I'd think somewhat lower foam rubber would be what is needed. If it's too hard, the tailgate won't close.

Comment

DAPtex® Plus Multi-Purpose Foam Sealant

Designed to meet the tough standards demanded for professional window and door installations while effectively filling and sealing large cracks, gaps and voids. Unlike polyurethane foams, DAPtex® Plus will not overexpand, is toolable, moldable and cleans up easily with water. Remains soft and flexible when dry so it will not bow, buckle or distort frames. The innovative latex polymer foam technology provides water resistance and is paintable with latex paints once cured. Helps reduce energy loss as well as pest infiltration. Ideal for sealing air leaks to improve energy efficiency and reduce heating and cooling costs. Non-clogging, reusable applicator. Indoor/outdoor use.

DAPtex® Plus Multi-Purpose Foam Sealant

toolable, moldable,Remains soft and flexible when dry so it will not bow, buckle or distort. provides water resistance and is paintable with latex paints once cured.

this stuff might work if i make a metal backing plate spray it on plate load it up and mold a similar shape as the piece of weather stripping then i could paint it and it says it remains soft and flexible Indoor/outdoor use.got to find this and see how it holds up to other paints not happy about latex paints
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hmm. I'll see what I can find too. Should be able to find something on mcmaster.com

Comment

got top weather stripping in the mail and it fits good.when tailgate is closed and window is up its snug might see if i could raise window higher?but it is snug gotto wait for rain tonight and see .now for the middle piece im still brain storming on that. got the both upper and lower weather stripping on and its all good everything is tight if it holds water might not need to make middle section but it looks funny without it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

more pics and found out that the lower weather stripping from autozone fits on front door also slight bend on top corner
                          Attached Files

Comment

That looks good on the front door. I've been considering getting the same weather stripping from autozone since my front door has a section missing. Enough is missing that I had snow on my seat a couple times this winter.
                            Thanks for sharing the pics, I'm glad to see that it looks pretty good installed.
                            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Excellent.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X