PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Thread: Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Man I love the custom door panels! Looks great!

Shrunken down! Does not look bad.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Bumper looks good in mockup form. The bumper "peak" seems to line up well with the corner light "peak". Let that be your final guide.

Alex.

Hobbit

Having some fun with photoshop.

Been reading this thread (not the whole thing yet)...I have a built 4.6 DOHC sitting in storage, big supercharger etc. I have been thinking about putting it in my 84 wagon...I see you did a 2 valve 4.6, do you think a 4 valve would fit or would it have clearance issues? I can't tell if things like upper control arms, evaporator box, steering shaft and wiper box would clear the 4.6 DOHC. any thoughts?
    1984 Mercury Colony Park Wagon - Turbo'd HO swap with all the fixin's, 4R70W conversion

1990 Lincoln Town Car: all stock little old lady owned for 25 years. 3.27 gears. still slowwwwww and trying my patience with little issues!
    Soon to come: factory duals, Explorer heads/cam/intakes

Hobbit

4.6 DOHC came in Marauders so it will fit a box since under hood dimensions didn't change much. You will probably have to swap out the brake booster for a smaller one to clear the valve cover though.

ok. Did you have the mod or change the evap box for your 2 valve swap? I think control arms are interchangeable from Aero (at least early Aero) to Box if that's an issue? wiper box is definitely smaller on the newer cars and I can't even see the motor on the marauder in pics I am looking at! Wonder where they hid it...
    1984 Mercury Colony Park Wagon - Turbo'd HO swap with all the fixin's, 4R70W conversion

1990 Lincoln Town Car: all stock little old lady owned for 25 years. 3.27 gears. still slowwwwww and trying my patience with little issues!

Hobbit

I swapped to Aero evap box when I did the 2v because it looked to be in better shape and had a cut out for blower motor resistor. It's basically same as a box one though so no changes are required. I did mod the evap for 5.4 DOHC.

Box wiper box fits fine with 2v. I had to remove wiper box when I went to 5.4 DOHC.

Holy crap, I kept reading and saw you dropped in the 5.4! very cool. So no working wipers as your car sits currently?

Hobbit

Nope. Haven't been able to figure out a wiper solution yet.

Hobbit

Mod Box has been neglected since October or so. Today I finally got off my ass and installed "French" high beams because I wasn't feeling dual projector setup. Being yellow they also help to break up the monotone front end.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180311_152707.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	49516

If anyone wants a set of projectors I can build you one. They will be bi-xenon so technically your high beam sealed beams can be eliminated completely or turned into air intakes or whatever.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

You should move to Quebec to go with the yellow lenses. Are they proper selective yellow fogs, or just yellow?

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Hobbit

They are just yellow.

All I see is a giant shelf.

Drive her! Looking good.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post
    If anyone wants a set of projectors I can build you one. They will be bi-xenon so technically your high beam sealed beams can be eliminated completely or turned into air intakes or whatever.
    Have you built bixenon 4x6's?
    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Hobbit

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
    Have you built bixenon 4x6's?
    Yup, that's what I have in there now. Used Dapper Lightning lights as the base. Ripped their projectors out and put Morimoto minis in there. They basically pop right in with almost not mods necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    All I see is a giant shelf.

Drive her! Looking good.
    X2 on this, after all that work it becomes a package tray!
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Hobbit

X2 on this, after all that work it becomes a package tray!
    Come your tits, gentlemen. It's winter in Canada. I am not driving it in salt.

I'm diggin the look of the amber lights.

I found this thread when researching for a similar project (89 marquis wagon on an 03 interceptor frame), and I have 2 questions: 1st, any advice for someone looking to embark on a similar journey? And 2nd, is there anything you know now about this project that you wish you knew when you started it?

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast