X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump?

Bump.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Went to the yard yesterday. Oldest Panther was a 91-94 Town Car. Getting scarce.
      1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Ain't got nothing like that on my end either. Gonna make at least one more visit there before Thanksgiving, maybe you'll score then.
        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
        The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

According to inventory the only thing in Detroit that might work work is one '82 Mark VI, but I don't know if that will work or not.

I might have a chance to go to the yard Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving.
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

That Mk6 should work, in theory. Needs the steering wheel pulled to verify splines or two flats on the end of the shaft tho. Column itself will fit tho.
            The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

Thought so, just wasn't certain.

If it's still there after Thanksgiving I'll check it out.
              Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Honestly, given how rare these things are to come by, I wouldn't wait that long. If I were in your position, and if I could spare some time, I would rent a puller kit from a parts store and make a quick raid on the yard to pull the wheel and verify splines or not. Now keep in mind that GMGT has burned (literally) steaks for me so I'd do this for him as a favor, but he's a cool guy and I'd imagine he won't have an issue at least covering your fuel expenses for that recon run. Then if things check out you can grab the thing at a later date, but still I wouldn't wait three more weeks, I've been bit in the posterior a few too many times doing that.

Obviously if you're busy as all heck and then some, that's a different matter, we all know how that can get.

Comment

I know the kind of mang he is; no worries there.
                  Even if I somehow get stuck with it, NBD, I'll put it to use eventually. Steering column w/o steering wheel isn't that expensive. Shipping will probably suck but, again, no worries there.

I'll have to remember to grab the wheel puller whIle I'm up working on The Ice Car later this week/weekend.

If I can work some time in sooner I will, just can't make any promises.
                  Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

I still have my mark 6 parts car, I can pull it and send it after thanksgiving.

Comment

^^^ Well there's a good solution right there. Do pull the steering wheel first to make sure it's the type with the splines tho, Lincolns tend to get the new features before the other two models so it's possible it's already got a two-flat shaft and wheel, which won't work for GMGT.

Comment

Originally posted by dd345 View Post
                        I still have my mark 6 parts car, I can pull it and send it after thanksgiving.
                        That's my preferred solution. Good to see you posting! Hope the home projects are going well.

Comment

I checked that '82 Mk6 at the yard. Like Kevin mentioned on FB, that thing was attacked by gorillas and is broken beyond repair.
                          He said he wasn't sure if it was splined or not and thought that it was not, but it is.
                          So the one dd345 has should work for you.

Pics of damage:

Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

I wonder if you couldn't simply transplant that shaft into a later column. As long as the upper shaft isn't totally dicked, it might be an option.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I concur on the shaft swap idea. Then again I shaft-swap all sorts of random shit, lol. But seriously tho, that would certainly be something to look into if the other deal falls thru.

Btw I'm a gorilla, and don't break shit like that when I attack it. This is done by a different kind of monkeys, like rabid baboons hopped up on whatever "juice" is readily available in your neck of the woods...

Comment

I would potentially entertain the shaft if I really, really need to. I wish I had one to take apart and analyze.

Comment

Working...
                                X