PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: The 97 CV "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3)

Vinyl Cheese, Meat Pasty SVT98t's Avatar

You can fit a rag in underneath the spot in the crossover. It hasn't been topped off with coolant yet, so there a win.
    Picked up a cheap tap set today. I NEEEEEED to finish this paper by Monday though, so it's got most of my attention now. I really shouldn't have been working on the car. I just wanted to know if it would run well or not. Now I have my answer.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 183k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 61k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 193k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    Quote Originally Posted by pantera77 View Post
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Cheap taps are really f'n expensive when they break. Pipe taps are tapered, not somewhere you want to have one bust. On the bright side its a fairly large tap, so less likely to be a problem. Never buy a cheap #6-32. Its the most miserable tap in the world anyway, and shitty ones will ruin your day.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Gonna buy me a Mercury BoulevardRide's Avatar

When i worked at a bike shop we'd put grease on the tap to keep shreds out of the engine.
    Never heard of an aluminum magnet, will have to look that up. always learning something here
    96 MGM

Cruisin up and down the road...

Oh, it's a pipe tap. 3/8 -18 NPT. My rag fits amazingly well in the crossover. I've been vacuuming after every drill bit I use. I started at 5/16, and worked up to 3/8, however, i need a 9/16 for the tap. and I ain't got one. Yet.
    It can wait.

-ryan s.
    03 Mercury Marauder- 61k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 193k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Harbor Freight has a Silver and Deming drill bit set that gets you from 9/16 to 1" by 1/16". They're not amazing but they do work. Might have to re-sharpen them, my 3/4 bit was ground shitty from the factory and would not cut. 30 seconds on the bench grinder and its fine. S&D bits all have a 1/2" shank so human size drills can spin them. I know I got mine for a lot less than the 40 bcks they list for now. prob can catch it on sale at some point. Its not a tool I use often but once in a while you need a big drill bit.

5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Got the wiper cowl installed. Forgot to plug in the wiper motor. Removed the wiper cowl to plug in the wiper motor. Forgot to route the wiper juice hoses. Removed the wiper cowl. Ran the pisser hoses. Reinstalled wiper cowl finally. Installed the valance, wipers, and seal.
    Managed to get the bumper cover on, but not bolted on because my boys were being hooligans and we had to go inside.
    I tried to test the wipers, but the battery was about dead and couldn't check anything.
    Waiting until I have to leave the house to make the run for the drill bit. It's not a big priority. It can wait.

-ryan s.
    03 Mercury Marauder- 61k

Tap worked great. Had to go buy a drill with a 1/2" chuck on it since I didn't have one. No leaks from either sensor. The temp gauge works now. Oil pressure gauge still doesn't work. That's probably because the one from the new motor got smoked. And the one from my motor got smoked as well, lol.
    Speaking of smoked, my hood latch got bent to FUCK. I inadvertently hit it with the engine/trans combo on either removal or installation. I have to take the latch out of the car, disassemble the latch, and put the latch armature in the vise and try and straighten it , without breaking it.
    Test drive went well. Needs a bit more trans fluid, but it does pull quite well.
    A few more things to button up, and then maybe finish installing the window regulator on the right rear; that I started in August?? F, lol.
    It needs tires too. But I'm not really driving anywhere right now. So it's all good.

-ryan s.
    03 Mercury Marauder- 61k

'bout time it goes under it's own power again

I post a lot...

Good news.
    "X" car 89 Colony Park LS Mods>Engine delete, SS duals magnaflow hflow cats, 2010 Must GT mufflers, auto air shocks, Posi, Tran cooler, big front brakes, 03+ rear disks, Large 3g alt, Tripminder, GS grill, 86 seats, 16" HPP wheels, winter boots=96 Cartier wheels, 215-65/16 Goodyear ULTRA GW3 snows, pi rear sway, alum driveshaft.
    03 Marauder DBP, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

Yay.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Cool!

10 Escape LTD. V6 AWD, K&N, Bullitt wheels.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021