PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: The 97 CV "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3)

Vinyl Cheese, Meat Pasty SVT98t's Avatar

You can fit a rag in underneath the spot in the crossover. It hasn't been topped off with coolant yet, so there a win.
    Picked up a cheap tap set today. I NEEEEEED to finish this paper by Monday though, so it's got most of my attention now. I really shouldn't have been working on the car. I just wanted to know if it would run well or not. Now I have my answer.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 183k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 61k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 193k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    Quote Originally Posted by pantera77 View Post
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Cheap taps are really f'n expensive when they break. Pipe taps are tapered, not somewhere you want to have one bust. On the bright side its a fairly large tap, so less likely to be a problem. Never buy a cheap #6-32. Its the most miserable tap in the world anyway, and shitty ones will ruin your day.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Gonna buy me a Mercury BoulevardRide's Avatar

When i worked at a bike shop we'd put grease on the tap to keep shreds out of the engine.
    Never heard of an aluminum magnet, will have to look that up. always learning something here
    96 MGM

cruise it up and down the road

Oh, it's a pipe tap. 3/8 -18 NPT. My rag fits amazingly well in the crossover. I've been vacuuming after every drill bit I use. I started at 5/16, and worked up to 3/8, however, i need a 9/16 for the tap. and I ain't got one. Yet.
    It can wait.

-ryan s.
    03 Mercury Marauder- 61k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 193k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Harbor Freight has a Silver and Deming drill bit set that gets you from 9/16 to 1" by 1/16". They're not amazing but they do work. Might have to re-sharpen them, my 3/4 bit was ground shitty from the factory and would not cut. 30 seconds on the bench grinder and its fine. S&D bits all have a 1/2" shank so human size drills can spin them. I know I got mine for a lot less than the 40 bcks they list for now. prob can catch it on sale at some point. Its not a tool I use often but once in a while you need a big drill bit.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Got the wiper cowl installed. Forgot to plug in the wiper motor. Removed the wiper cowl to plug in the wiper motor. Forgot to route the wiper juice hoses. Removed the wiper cowl. Ran the pisser hoses. Reinstalled wiper cowl finally. Installed the valance, wipers, and seal.
    Managed to get the bumper cover on, but not bolted on because my boys were being hooligans and we had to go inside.
    I tried to test the wipers, but the battery was about dead and couldn't check anything.
    Waiting until I have to leave the house to make the run for the drill bit. It's not a big priority. It can wait.

-ryan s.
    03 Mercury Marauder- 61k

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021