Dome light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dome light

Am i the only one that is bothered by this stupid yellow dome light lense. Do y’all think this will fit
    Shop from thousands of parts and accessories to help you restore, maintain, and customize your Chevrolet, GMC, Dodge or Ford truck or SUV. Keep 'em on the road with the right part, right price, right now.
    Attached Files

It will fit, go for it.
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

+1
      It will fit, I have one in The Ice Car ('91 MGM).
      I know others on here have the same one as well. Some have said the fitment was a little tight, but nothing show stopping.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Yes, I have one of those too and it's MUCH better than the yellowing white plastic one that comes stock.
        1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

pretty sure 30 years ago they weren't yellow
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

They were probably white

Comment

Tremendous difference in the lmc light lens. I think I change them in four cars.

Comment

I have one as well. TIGHT fit. Be gentle.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Got dome light lense today. I don’t know but it’s funny they gave me a big ass box for it. No wonder shipping was $9. It is a tight fit but still fits can’t wait till night. Also changeing to white leds soon go tired of blue
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Elias; 09-27-2017, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Big ass box to ensure it wont arrive in multiple pieces?

Next time you have the cover off three screws? and you can remove the entire assembly. Give it a once over with some metal polish and a rag. Will make it look shinier.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I went through a blue LED phase. Got tired of the glare when driving and not being able to see when getting in or out of the car.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have blues in the doors on my vic... but everything else is warm white.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                          I have blues in the doors on my vic... but everything else is warm white.
                          ON mine I have blue dome and blue door lights I don’t even have the front floor light because I couldn’t find a blue light. I even have the exterior center light in between the two doors blue and the dash and ac lol

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            I went through a blue LED phase. Got tired of the glare when driving and not being able to see when getting in or out of the car.
                            Yeah I’m done too after 5 years I’m got with 6k or 5k leds From vleds. Only blue light would be the dash and exterior center light between the the 2 doors. And Ima try and get the door key light blue.

Comment

Good lord, what happened to the rest of the dome light? Has to be the rustiest one I've ever seen haha. I once thought about putting purple lights in my Opera/Coach lamps but just decided to keep everything stock. I like the time warp effect.
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                              X