Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FORD CROWN VICTORIA 1988 - $1500 (Belleville) 87 Nose Blown Up HO Engine

This one made me chuckle:

1988 crown VICTORIA ho converted 5.0 wide open duel exhaust GT40 intake new injectors starter modified alternator modular fuel pump 88 mustang lx computer explorer cam lots of power new brakes brake lines aluminium water pump double roller timing chain needs ho 5.0 or explorer 5.0 because some minion idiot got jealous and revved out the engine while I had it parked don't know how they did it#$# might have hot wired Under hood car has no rust at all interior is super clean no tears or scratches 80,000 miles needs to be completed my loss is your hot rod still runs needs drivers head and tps recomend long block 1987 nose

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto...757131456.html
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

All was sounding good in the ad until they got to the part about a minion and the motor getting some racing experience. Then I checked out the pictures, which started good and then the underhood shot...

I think it’s possible the thing magically started itself with all the wiring mess.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

yeah that is an absolute mess under the hood.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I didnt want to say it but now that you guys mentioned it....yeah. Bad under the bonnet for sure. I like the no air filter part of it all best. The exposed death blades are fun too.

Any clue what car that throttle body is from? The TPS on it does not look anything like stock.
        Last edited by 87gtVIC; 12-01-2018, 02:50 PM.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

looks like an Explorer TPS, possibly with an adapter to mate it to the stock connector.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Boy that is really Jim-Bob’d together. The Aero-Box rear and Boxy-Box nose ain’t really that nice either. They’d need to slap on a earlier bumper on the rear to make it look some what more even, but that engine situation would need to be solved first.

My Cars:
            -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
            -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
            -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
            -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              looks like an Explorer TPS, possibly with an adapter to mate it to the stock connector.
              For some reason that throttle body looks odd. The pedestal the TPS sensor sits on looks abnormally high.
              ~David~

Comment

There's also some (what I assume is) Explorer bracketry going on there. I wonder if they hooked up the TV cable.
                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

not an Explorer TB, but the TPS looks like one. Prob some cheap massive China TB.

Comment

Jim-Bob'd.. LMAO! I thought I was the only one who used that.. But what an atrocious atrocity. With no fan shroud and a mile between said fan and radiator they might as well just take the fan off for all the good it is doing set up like that. My favorite part is "Lets run one wire over all this, another this way, some more over here because I need to and presto! Spaghetti." Junkyard fodder. Can't stand when people run stuff without air cleaners either. I think my favorite junkyard find was a panther where someone used a sock and a ziptie as an air filter. Sock was slipped over the TB and ziptied in place. Talk about Jim-Bob.
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
                      Boy that is really Jim-Bob’d together. The Aero-Box rear and Boxy-Box nose ain’t really that nice either. They’d need to slap on a earlier bumper on the rear to make it look some what more even, but that engine situation would need to be solved first.
                      As a fellow Jim-Bob'd car owner, I agree. (I have the earlier bumper in the back and the parts for someday to finish the conversion... ) The aero smoothness doesn't really flow too well with the boxy front. I'm actually surprised at how many cars like mine that have popped up over the years.

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                      Jim-Bob'd.. LMAO! I thought I was the only one who used that.. But what an atrocious atrocity. With no fan shroud and a mile between said fan and radiator they might as well just take the fan off for all the good it is doing set up like that. My favorite part is "Lets run one wire over all this, another this way, some more over here because I need to and presto! Spaghetti." Junkyard fodder. Can't stand when people run stuff without air cleaners either. I think my favorite junkyard find was a panther where someone used a sock and a ziptie as an air filter. Sock was slipped over the TB and ziptied in place. Talk about Jim-Bob.
                      Reminds me of my first engine swap when it was still "in progress" and didn't really know any better. I tried to rush things at the end and get the thing inspected in similar to the above shape with wires everywhere and no fan shroud. The shop called me back as I was heading back home going "Pick this shit up. You need to clean this up and put a shroud on before you kill someone." LOL. Whoops. Lesson learned.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

LoL I'd certainly refuse to work on something like that too...
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          I didnt want to say it but now that you guys mentioned it....yeah. Bad under the bonnet for sure. I like the no air filter part of it all best. The exposed death blades are fun too.

Any clue what car that throttle body is from? The TPS on it does not look anything like stock.
                          Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          For some reason that throttle body looks odd. The pedestal the TPS sensor sits on looks abnormally high.
                          not an Explorer TB, but the TPS looks like one. Prob some cheap massive China TB.
                          Not that it matters much but it now does look like an Explorer throttle body...I pulled one myself a few months back and it looks the same. Even is missing the breather like the one pictured in the add is.
                          ~David~

Comment

what a mess. looks rigged.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                            X