No announcement yet.

New member - hacking keyless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Came out of 2MEFM75W22X624101 at the junkyard. They had it listed as an 02, and the VIN comes back to an 02. I have some more tinkering I need to do tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With my known good '98 DDM I got the same result you did. I haven't looked at the diagrams in much detail to figure out why that is. I will not be home tomorrow, so it might be a couple days before I can do anything more with it.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
        With my known good '98 DDM I got the same result you did. I haven't looked at the diagrams in much detail to figure out why that is. I will not be home tomorrow, so it might be a couple days before I can do anything more with it.
        Good to know I've at least passed the idiot check lol. I'm learning how things like this mostly by trial and error. I definitely would appreciate if you could help figure it out. I actually came across this idea here https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ry-system.htmland was able to reach the guy who initially posted the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
          Stickershift? Engine? Moar pics??

Project? That's a goin' to town rig where I'm from, I'd love to rock it just as is.
          She's an 83 351w C6 BW1345 D44HD D61 3.55 gears. I have an untouched rotating assembly from a 92 junkyard engine GT40 heads, Edelbrock Performer dual plane, and an Edelbrock 1406. Hedman long tubes (they suck) and true dual 2.25" exhaust. I've replaced the alternator with a 3G from a Windstar, the Saginaw power steering from an Enconoline, and will soon have onboard air in the form of an old Volvo AC compressor hooked up to a Viair tank. Got discs for the rear to install soon, but I need to pull the engine. It's been in for 2 years but I didn't use RTV on the reusable felpro oil pan gasket and she leaks pretty bad. Front axle is trashed, so I've got new bearings bushings, joints, etc.

Once I get the keyless figured out I'm going to install doors I robbed from an 85 Lariat and repaint the truck. Thinking dark Hunter green or dark royal blue. I've got a double set (upper and lower) of chrome to put on too!

Comment

Ok, I got mine to perform door lock function on the bench.
            The key I believe is grounding Pin 4 on C501b. This was kind of discussed in the link you had initially posted, and I found it further clarified on the '98-'00 diagrams found here: https://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/827823_1

Here are the connections I have:
            (In an HTML Code box because the forum software kills the formatting that I wanted but HTML table tags were displayed rather than interpreted.)
            HTML Code:
            What     |      Pin         |      Connector
            ---------|------------------|-------------------
            +12V     |   to Pin   4     |   on C501c(C520)
            Ground   |      Pin  15     |   on C501b(C519)
            Ground   |      Pin   4     |   on C501b(C519)
            A wire   |   on Pin   8     |   on C501b(C519) this is lock output
            A wire   |   on Pin   1     |   on C501b(C519) this is keypad button 9/0
            A wire   |   on Pin   5     |   on C501a(C518) this is keypad button 7/8
            I only have a module, no wire harness and no key pad, so you should just be able to press the buttons on the keypad (you might need power and ground to the keypad).
            In my case, I connect my 12V test light between the lock output and ground which keeps the light normally off then it goes on when the lock function is performed. (If you connect the test light between lock output and +12V the light is normally on and goes off when the lock function is performed.)
            To simulate the 9/0+7/8 keypad press, I twisted the two wires from together for these two buttons, then I touch them to +12V. You can hear the relay inside the module click and the test light will come on for a moment.

I was also able to similarly perform the driver door unlock function by connecting wires to the appropriate pins to simulate the keypad buttons, and touching each in the correct order according to the code on my module.
            Last edited by VicCrownVic; 07-14-2021, 11:26 AM.
            Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

You're awesome! Thanks so much. I haven't had time to get into it yet. I ended up pulling my engine this last weekend!

Comment

You're welcome.
                I've been working on an engine swap the past few weekends as well. I finally have a good engine in my '97 Yukon after it has sat for about 7 years with a terribly knocking engine. So many stupid little things on that engine to connect still. The 5.0 replacement I did on one of my '91 MGMs 5 years ago was much easier since there was far less crap to connect and I know that engine bay like the back of my hand, the 350 SBC... not so much, it's a bit foreign to me but I'm learning.
                Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Got it back in today, should be smooth sailing from here. Nothing is hooked up except the transmission and torque converter but thankfully I built the engine, and know the truck pretty well.

I'm definitely not excited to reinstall the brush guard, that thing is a pain... Hopefully I can tinker with my lock module soon.

Comment

It works!!! I was able to get both my new key fobs programmed, as well as verify the keypad and code work. I can verify the lock/unlock output and trunk output light up a light bulb. I can hear the relays working too!

Now I just need to reassemble my doors, and see if I can get the windows added in.

Comment

Nice!

Now I just need to grab a donor module, wiring, and keypad from anything other than a '98 (part number starts with F8) and I'll be able to do this retrofit on my box MGM. Probably next year since I already have enough unfinished projects for this year.
                      Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

That's a damn nice truck man. Welcome to this place... Lotta knowledge on here.
                        All FORD All The Time

Comment

Working...
                        X