PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member - hacking keyless

You're awesome! Thanks so much. I haven't had time to get into it yet. I ended up pulling my engine this last weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 decades of DDing Box Panthers, now in a Whale VicCrownVic's Avatar

You're welcome.
    I've been working on an engine swap the past few weekends as well. I finally have a good engine in my '97 Yukon after it has sat for about 7 years with a terribly knocking engine. So many stupid little things on that engine to connect still. The 5.0 replacement I did on one of my '91 MGMs 5 years ago was much easier since there was far less crap to connect and I know that engine bay like the back of my hand, the 350 SBC... not so much, it's a bit foreign to me but I'm learning.
    Vic

~ 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "The Scab" - plenty of rot, backup/summer cruiser
    ~ 1997 GMC Yukon SLT - wannabe winter DD - many issues, returning sometime in the 2020s
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis GS "The Ice Car" - Rotting Retired Winter DD
    ~ 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS - Rotting Retired DD
    Gone but not forgotten:
    ~ 1988 Country Squire ~ 1987 Ford Crown Vic

Got it back in today, should be smooth sailing from here. Nothing is hooked up except the transmission and torque converter but thankfully I built the engine, and know the truck pretty well.

I'm definitely not excited to reinstall the brush guard, that thing is a pain... Hopefully I can tinker with my lock module soon.

It works!!! I was able to get both my new key fobs programmed, as well as verify the keypad and code work. I can verify the lock/unlock output and trunk output light up a light bulb. I can hear the relays working too!

Now I just need to reassemble my doors, and see if I can get the windows added in.

2 decades of DDing Box Panthers, now in a Whale VicCrownVic's Avatar

Nice!

Now I just need to grab a donor module, wiring, and keypad from anything other than a '98 (part number starts with F8) and I'll be able to do this retrofit on my box MGM. Probably next year since I already have enough unfinished projects for this year.
    Vic

~ 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "The Scab" - plenty of rot, backup/summer cruiser
    ~ 1997 GMC Yukon SLT - wannabe winter DD - many issues, returning sometime in the 2020s
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis GS "The Ice Car" - Rotting Retired Winter DD
    ~ 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS - Rotting Retired DD
    Gone but not forgotten:
    ~ 1988 Country Squire ~ 1987 Ford Crown Vic

That's a damn nice truck man. Welcome to this place... Lotta knowledge on here.
    All FORD All The Time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12