Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hood blanket

Dear Panthers,
    My body shop removed my under hood insulating blanket. Any ideas where I can get another?

Donald McCaig
    1989 CP Scottified steering, suspension and big brakes, 16 in wheels, A-pillar oil & temp gauges, remote entry, backup sensor, tailgate wiper, custom console & trash, tranny & ps coolers, 3 cell radiator, electric fan, dual exhausts, battery isolator, hellas headlights,deer pusher,wads of dog hair.

got to be pretty damn close...if it is even the correct item.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

kinda funny that the same years listed for a GMQ is a dollar more for it.
      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

yea that is funny, and the grand marquis would be the correct one to get for your wagon Donald, since 88 and up CV's used grand marquis hoods.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Dear Panthers,
          Good idea. Hood blanket for the 87 CV fit fine except for the underhood light. I'll move that tomorrow.

Donald McCaig
          1989 CP Scottified steering, suspension and big brakes, 16 in wheels, A-pillar oil & temp gauges, remote entry, backup sensor, tailgate wiper, custom console & trash, tranny & ps coolers, 3 cell radiator, electric fan, dual exhausts, battery isolator, hellas headlights,deer pusher,wads of dog hair.

Comment

I haven't had one of those in a while. How much noise reduction did you notice?
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I don't think police cars came with that. Althought, the purple P72 did have one, until I ripped it out of there.
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by yucatecd View Post
                Dear Panthers,
                Good idea. Hood blanket for the 87 CV fit fine except for the underhood light. I'll move that tomorrow.

Donald McCaig
                thats good to hear. we have a reliable source for one now.
                ~David~

Comment

Dear Panthers,
                  87cp asked about noise reduction. Hard to quantify but pre-blanket, I heard engine noise and post-blanket, only exhaust noise from the rear (my 89 cp has no soundproofing in the back). Before blanket when it cut in after shutdown, the electric fan was very loud. Now it's muted.

Donald McCaig

Comment

ehh I allways rip those things out..they make the motor run hotter and can cause fires

Comment

i was thinkin of removing mine but i dont know if i want to or nor yet.
                      Lets Go Pens!

Comment

they are there to suppress fire......idea is the plastic retainers melt and the fiberglass blanket covers the engine, unfortunately in the real world, after 20 years they are covered in 1/2" of oil and will go up in flames if put near fire

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

mine aint covered in oil..but i wouldnt put it past it catching on fire.
                          ~David~

Comment

I should wash mine down, only thing on it is dirt.
                            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

i want one made up with a Ford emblem on it like how the Lincolns have there emblem on them. make it look better for show purposes... but then again, no raggedy blanket makes it look better than one that is falling apart.
                              Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Working...
                              X