No announcement yet.

The 93 GM "Tank of Justice II" (TOJ2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what kind of paint did you use for the plenum and intake manifold?
    2010 Toyota Camry "Traveller II "
    54,xxx miles. New daily driver
    2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature "Leroy"
    rear cats deleted, 2" h pipe, dual 8" cherry bomb glasspacks
    114k miles. Sold to my coworker.
    1998 Toyota Camry "Traveller"
    Dead and sold.

Comment

Originally posted by 01Townie View Post
      what kind of paint did you use for the plenum and intake manifold?
      Green paint, of course! But seriously, he's powder-coated a lot of the parts.
      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Yeah, they're powder coated.
        Most everything on/going on the car is or will be powder coated.
        The color is Lime Green. It's a damn near dead-on match to Dupli-color Grabber Green. That's the spray paint I use. The 500* engine paint.
        The stripe around the car and my current CAI are sprayed Grabber Green.
        In order to do the aluminum crossover, I had to remove it from the manifold to powder coat it. When I put it back together, I used blue RTV because I could not find replacement gaskets.
        If you want anything done, let me know!

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I want mah wheels done

Comment

yeah..i cant afford powder coating, haha. im gonna stick with wood stove paint, or that engine paint that you were talkin about, whichever is cheaper and has whatever colors i want
            2010 Toyota Camry "Traveller II "
            54,xxx miles. New daily driver
            2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature "Leroy"
            rear cats deleted, 2" h pipe, dual 8" cherry bomb glasspacks
            114k miles. Sold to my coworker.
            1998 Toyota Camry "Traveller"
            Dead and sold.

Comment

I forgot to add these from before.
              I installed LEDs in the interior and third brake light. The overhead has natural white as the dome and cool white as the map lights. I also put cool white as the license plate lights as well.
              Kinda crappy, but, dome light:

With map lights:

Showing how much the map lights produce. I guess:

-ryan s.
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

I put the snow tires on the other day. I was coming back from my parents house and as I drove over a bridge, the rear end decided to get a little squirrely.
                So they are one. I need two new snow tires so I can throw those on the new steelies i have.
                I still need to find 2 more aero steelies to complete "the look".
                I was up on the highway balsting along the other morning. Man, I forgot how much this car likes the cold air!
                I also like the fact that it doesn't shift into 4th gear until AFTER the speedometer stops moving. It's great.

-ryan s.
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

The Tank is broken. I went to start it last night after a week of sitting and it made loud metallic sound. Kinda like a wrench striking metal.
                  Then it wouldn't turn over.
                  This afternoon, I got to troubleshoot it. I took the belt off and all the accessories spun by hand. SO it must be the crank.
                  After about ten tries, it finally sputtered to life-ish. Hacking and shaking, trying to achieve idle.
                  It was pumping out the normal "haven't started in a week" smoke.
                  Then came the white awesome smoke out the driver's side exhaust.
                  I'm putting money on the #8 cylinder.
                  So the video and pics.

It starts like this...

Then a bit thicker:

WOWSERS!!

And the smoke show continues:

It made it 214,752 miles before failure. I cannot wait to tear it apart to see what went wrong.

-ryan s.
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

It's simple really.

It's the jealous of the Town Car.

sigpic
                    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Well that just sucks......
                      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                      Past Panthers
                      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Now it's time for the new engine!
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

93s seem to be able to manage about 200-220k before self destruction... at least between our two cars.

get that engine swapped and prove the further indestructibility of the tank!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That's not too bad! At least you don't have to drive behind yourself. I'd say run it around town on 7 cylinders until it quits.
                            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

At least the area will be mosquito free!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Better idea. Put a gallon or so of fog machine fluid in. Proceed to watch the best smoke show ever.

-ryan s.
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                                X